How to make compressed air for blast furnace

• I have gotten quite stuck on this one. I am running Industrialcraft 2 experimental for Minecraft 1.7.10, and the regular cells have been replaced with universal fluid cells. Well, I need compressed air for my blast furnace, and I don't know how to get it with these new cells. I have already tried putting an empty universal fluid cell in the compressor like I used to do, but I couldn't even put the item in the right slot (or any slots for that matter). I would really like some clarification about how to do this, whether I am doing it wrong or I am just encountering a bug. Thanks.

• Official Post

In 1.7.10 normal cells are still there, they are just crafted by extruding a tin item casing in a metal former. You can then compress those like normal in a compressor to get compressed air cells.

In 1.8.9+ (just for reference), normal cells have been fully removed, and you can compress universal fluid cells to fill them with air which the blast furnace now accepts instead.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• In 1.7.10 normal cells are still there, they are just crafted by extruding a tin item casing in a metal former.

Since I also play in 1.7.10, I'd like to correct this for anybody facing the same issue - you have to use tin PLATE in extruding mode in order to create empty cells (1 plate yields 3 cells). Extruding tin ITEM CASING yields tin can (1:1 ratio).

• Official Post

Since I also play in 1.7.10, I'd like to correct this for anybody facing the same issue - you have to use tin PLATE in extruding mode in order to create empty cells (1 plate yields 3 cells). Extruding tin ITEM CASING yields tin can (1:1 ratio).

Ah yes, so it does. Been a while since I've played 1.7.10 ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.