Posts by psusi

Re-jiggered?? I didnt change anything there so I dont know what you mean.

I probably just forgot about needing invar to get a bronze turbine up to full power; I took the last few months off from minecraft and before that it had been a year since I was in the bronze age in my previous world.

I can't figure out these resin bags though. I could have sworn when you added them the changelog said you had to use a hand drill to drill a resin hole into the tree to attach the bag, but I can't find that now, nor a way to drill the hole. I don't see any resin spots on the trees, but it seems to let me attach the bag anywhere, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Coal is just easier to get. Take a pickaxe -> go to nearest anthracite layer -> mine full inventory -> bring it back to factory. It's harder to refine into fuel than oil though.

Oil. Last time I tried to pump it using steam-powered rotational pump, but bedrock was in a way, so I picked most of it by hand with measuring pot.

Obtaining a few pieces of coal early on is vastly different than supplying the ravenous appetite of a large boiler late game.

Because I did not add advanced Burning Boxes for Liquids and Gasses yet, that is why. And they are planned, so that is why I "ignore" your complaints simply because something else I plan will fix that particular issue later. And I know people who still use Solid Fuels for Stuff so that argument of yours is not fully valid either.

And they can use/produce 50 units of solid fuel per minute?

Even in present mankind still using solid fuel for genereting energy => coal powerplant, or produce heat in some houses. So this tech isnt obsolete

So? I'm talking in game, not real life. In game, fluid fuels offer many advantages over solid so there is very good reason to switch to using them as soon as you can. And once you start refining oil, you find yourself in possession of large amounts of them.

You mean like generating Power? yeah you can use them, why wouldn't you be able to?

I feel like you have only been reading a small part of what I've been saying, replying to that, and ignoring the rest. It seems to me that the sheer amount of solid fuel needed to keep several of these things going to generate enough heat to run the second tier large boiler is simply unrealistic. Also why should you go back to trying to mass produce insane amounts of solid fuel long after you have abandoned it in favor of liquid and gas? I mean oil is what you are supposed to fuel things with late game aren't you? So why does the big badass end game dynamo seemingly now require you to go back to mass producing charcoal?

You forget Peat, also regular Coal and Stuff. The thing only works on specific Fuels, not "any and all Solid Fuels". And you cannot automate it before you get Tungsten.

You mean forestry peat? Is that much easier to produce with multifarms ( which I don't really like since they started using apaite as fuel instead of compost ) than wood/charcoal? I guess you don't have to coke it. I normally manually farm peat in the early game half as a fuel source and half as a way to turn useless sand into dirt to sift for some brown clay. I'm estimating that running the large boiler with these fluidized bed burners is going to eat like 40-50 charcoal per minute. Was peat 20% or 100% more energy than charcoal? I think it was only 20%, so that's still a crazy amount of peat. How much can a multifarm produce? Why only this super burning box for solid fuel, which is normally abandoned for liquid and gas by mid game?

Huh? So you made a burning box that is *vastly* ( possibly game breakingly ) more efficient and higher output but only can burn solid fuel? Who the hell is still using solid fuel late in the game? How many coke ovens would you need to be feeding from a forestry tree farm ( or 3 ) to keep up with the amount of charcoal you would need to burn in this thing to run a second tier large boiler? Why not just make a large burning box for the large boiler?

There are branch-cutters that greatly increase the chance of getting drop from leaves. You can get 10+ saplings from one tree with them

Yea, that's what I ended up doing and grew a few but didn't get any resin holes out of them. Also the darn branch cutters seem to wear out very quickly. I think it used up like 1/3 of its durability ( bronze ) cutting the leaves of just one tree. It feels like these need a little boost like the tongs got.

You need to pray to RNGesus more often I guess. Newly planted ones will randomly have Resin Holes just like Wild ones will randomly have Resin Holes.

They have a Sapling Chance that is so low that it averages on 1 sapling drop per Tree, ofcourse averaging means 0 and 2 can happen just like 5 could happen.

Also you are NOT allowed to shear leaves off the Trees, because then the Resin Holes will stop working entirely, even if you plaster the Leaves back onto the Tree.

So it's just bad luck so far? OK. I only sheared the wild one I found that didn't already have a resin hole, and I chopped down another one or two that didn't and got no sapplings.

Hey, what's the deal with GT rubber trees? I thought the idea was that instead of using a tree tap to collect rubber from spots on the tree, you were supposed to drill into the tree and attach a sap bag that would slowly collect rubber? But it looks like the GT rubber trees have a resin hole like IC2 ones, only you just use your hands to collect the rubber.

Why would anyone want to use sulfuric acid + sugar to make carbon? At first I thought that it would be easier to get to than using an electrolyzer since making a dynamo and electrolyzer require a stainless steel bathing pot to galvanize the steel, and bronze mixers used to only take bronze to make iirc, but it seems they now also require stainless steel plates. It seems easier to make a stainless steel bathing pot then dynamo and electrolyzer than to make 3 bronze mixers to make the acid, a roaster to get the sulfur dioxide, and the squeezer and dryer to refine the sugar. And after getting it set up, it is easier to feed the electrolyzer some charcoal than to farm tons of reeds.

No better way afaik, Black Sand + Centrifuge seems like easy enough to pull off.

Easy yes, but volume is low given that you need 9 VPO to get one vanadium, and you only have a 10% chance of getting one from black sand, which itself isn't as common as magnetite used to be.

Also this sucks: you now require a T2 buzzsaw to cut a diamond into diamond plates, which requires aluminum which these days means you can't go that route before you are well into the electrical age, so you pretty much have to find a flawless or better diamond to make your first shredder.