Higher than Insane Voltage

• I am having a slight problem. I "designed" a MOX reactor that ends up generating 21,700 EU/t, (uses LZH Condensators. You don't want it, trust me) but i cant get the power out of the thing because of EV-Transformers exploding. Suggestions on how to split the power into <8192 EU packets for further down-stepping?

P.S. Using IC2 2.3.262 for MC 1.8.9, and Uncomplicated for the old Energy Net where machines exploded when given too much power.

P.P.S. New to forums in general, so my apologies if this is in the wrong spot.

The great thing about a boolean
    is that if you are wrong,
    you are only off by a bit.

(Unknown)

• Ah! Did not think of that. Was hoping to somehow be able to store the power, but it seems like the endeavor was a waste anyway, because of the amount of lapis the thing eats...

Thank you though!

The great thing about a boolean
    is that if you are wrong,
    you are only off by a bit.

(Unknown)

• Umm... the actual output of a generator should not change its voltage level should it? Each machine has a stated voltage tier in its tool tip and that is fixed. One transformer might not be able to accept all of the power, but it should not explode due to excessive voltage. Multiple transformers should be able to combine to take the extra eu/t. I have been running multiple 128v transformers feeding a 128v line more than 128 eu/t and it's working without any explosions, and the t1 machines only have one transformer upgrade in them.

• Official Post

The power tier of all generators but reactors is fixed. For reactors, the power tier depends on the reactor layout.
    If you supply a transformer with a coil meant for 5v with 100v, or even with what comes out of a power outlet irl, the coil's gonna melt.
    If you wire up multiple of them in parallel and the wattage of the power supplying machine is high enough for the voltage not to drop, all of them will melt, so that wouldn't work either.