JEI compatibility with IC2 in MC version 1.8.9

• As briefly mentioned in the title, I'm running IndustrialCraft on Minecraft version 1.8.9 (for compatibility with Buildcraft) and JEI doesn't seem to properly work.
    In detail: JEI displays all ways of crafting an item through vanilla crafting means (like furnaces and crafting tables), but IC2 machines are not shown as ways to craft items.
    JEI item recipes are present, but only if they can be crafted in a vanilla crafting station.

This is quite a problem with mid to late-game recipes for me, where items can only be acquired through machine use.
    Am I missing some integration mod or something?

thank you in advance.

• Official Post

The support was waiting until a change in JEI itself, which only came in 1.9.4+, so there is no support in 1.8.9.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Oh, that's sad. Thank you.

(and by the way: using the search function on this topic was nigh impossible because jei has only three letters and the smallest possible search term is four letters)