Wind stopped

• Hey there,

Sorry if this is a stupid question. But after a while playing on a server, the Wind Turbine stopped working. Wind comes and goes so I thought it as normal, but it's been like that for a couple days now (Real Life days).
    Windmeter say "Wind Strength: MCW" which doesn't make any sense to me. Could that be a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks

• Sorry to revive this but there is still something wrong for me.

On the first question back in november the windmeter said "Wind Strength: MCW" with no value, so I think that could've been a bug.

But even now, I'm on a completely different server, with a different modpack, and the following is happening:

As you can see, windmeter tells me 52.8 WC, rotor need between 10 and 60, there are no other wind turbines, but still the wind is too weak.In front of me there are plenty air blocks, even though begind me is a mountain, which was maybe why I thought it could not be working, but its doesn't make much sense to me.

• Official Post

Also make sure there is no other wind turbine on the front (for about 30+ish blocks) or on the back of that one, that will block the energy generation of both, displaying that message for both.
    This image here shows a working setup of mine with minimum distance between them.

• Yeah there are no other turbines what so ever. The only thing I can think of is that the turbines need to be completely floating in the air and not in front of a house or a mountain like mine currently is.

• Official Post

It checks for obstructions all around it (rather than just the front), so if nearly half the blocks are obstructions it's not going to get enough wind to turn.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It checks for obstructions all around it (rather than just the front), so if nearly half the blocks are obstructions it's not going to get enough wind to turn.

Thanks a lot, after about moving it about 10~15 blocks forward it started to work. That is not very clear or explained anywhere I've seen, and I think that mechanic could be rethinked, it obligates you to put the generator in mid air, aesthetically not ideal.

• Official Post

Whilst not aesthetically ideal, it matches real life more as wind turbines have to be well away from any obstructions. Wind turbines also output quite a lot of EU, especially with the higher tier rotors, so care has to be taken to not make them too easy to totally overtake nuclear as an end game power source.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.