► Gult's Gorge - 1.6.4 Free2Play | HOSTED | NO WHITELIST | Buycraft | Teamspeak ATLAUNCHER EASY INSTALL IC2, PROJECT RED, Buildcraft, Forestry, Applied Energistics, Bibliocraft, Binnies mod, Compact solars,Extra Cells, Gregtech, IC2 Nuclear Controls,

• Okay server back up again..... some kind of a conflict with logblock. Disabled it for now, will try to get it up and running this weekend BUT servers up so enjoy and PLEASE don't break it anymore until after christmas. lol

“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
    The Eleventh Doctor

• Please for the love of *** can we stop the mega-hours rollbacks? These things are killing me, since they seem to occur after I have done many hours of work. Go to work, come back to find everything I did during the day to be gone.....ffff

Perhaps more frequent backups? All they take is hard drive space and a couple seconds of lag. 30min-1hour backups are recommended and used by the majority of servers for this very reason so you don't have long rollbacks that cause a significant loss of work for the poor players involved.

On to other things, parasyte. What are the errors you are receiving from logblock in the console? I may be of assistance, then again.... I may not.

EDIT: You guys want a website? guiltsgorge.com? .net w/e? and a lovely mybb forums to go along with it.
    I'm currently hosting and made the RDF website and forums, which can be found here http://therdf.net/

• Doug I'm way ahead of you on the website already talked to lev about it so don't worry about it.

:thumbup: This is my signature. Yup. That's it.

• Doug,

We have it backup every 3 hours. Problem is when I come home from work and its been down all day.... so the backups are corrupted for many hours. It makes me angry beyond belief. I know the server is down right now. Lev and I will work on it tonight. I am not going to bother to restart it as I am at work and can't do anything about the crashes.... but here in a few hours i'll be off work and I will get right on fixing it. Sorry about the downtime but the server hates me and is trying to make me smash it with a large hammer.

“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
    The Eleventh Doctor

• also my gift to you:

THE ERROR

2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:501)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.damage(ItemStack.java:137)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ItemHoe.a(ItemHoe.java:46)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at eloraam.machine.TileDeploy.onBlockNeighborChange(TileDeploy.java:173)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at eloraam.core.BlockExtended.doPhysics(BlockExtended.java:52)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at eloraam.core.RedPowerLib.notifyBlock(RedPowerLib.java:27)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at eloraam.core.RedPowerLib.updateCurrent(RedPowerLib.java:1079)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at eloraam.wiring.TileWiring.onBlockNeighborChange(TileWiring.java:216)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at eloraam.core.BlockMultipart.doPhysics(BlockMultipart.java:59)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:492)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:470)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.BlockDiode.a(BlockDiode.java:150)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Chunk.a(Chunk.java:369)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.setRawTypeIdAndData(World.java:320)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.setTypeIdAndData(World.java:418)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.BlockDiode.a(BlockDiode.java:49)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:2139)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1633)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:467)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:380)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    2011-12-17 12:49:19 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception

The Eleventh Doctor

• I can't read code but that looks like its a redpower problem.

• How to handle the next few weeks 10

1. Map reset just empty let them play (3) 30%
    2. Creative 300x300 area to use as a player creation area for construction for a new player city for all players (2) 20%
    3. Remove some mods keep just BC Redpower and IC 1.337 (3) 30%
    4. Revert to IC 1.23 to remove the conflicts (2) 20%
    5. Reset map same seed keep cities, and towns, markets. (this is what will happen when ic2 goes mc1.0) (5) 50%

So some talk around the problems of IC2 1.0 coming... the map needs to be reset and mods need to be removed for stabilty So i made a poll make a choice please

• Its primary fault is Redpower... i dug the logs, its a corrupted chunk but the address for the chunk was corrupt i did a revert on the chunk started the server again... but time to think outside the failure MC 1.0 is out IC2 is almost 1.0 so planning for the next map. please vote the pole

• server seams to be down atm i get conect errors to the moon and back any one else haveing this prob

u poked me but i poked back
    with a golden wrench MinecraftSheep <is my sig

• Well whatever the last rollback was, it went back to a save in which my combustion engines were on. The whole array had blow up and half my power room is now gone... All these rollbacks are really getting ridiculous. So im thinking reverting to IC 1.23 might be the best option. I really want to keep all the stuff we've worked on.

And also, what exactly does "Creative 300x300 area to use as a player creation area for construction for a new player city for all players" mean? Is it like we get creative mode and can hack in all the stuff we want? Because that doesn't sound really fair. Wouldn't everyone just cheat chests full of diamonds?

But then since the server crashed AGAIN, maybe when it comes back up this next time, my combustion engines will be back...

Also, would someone please explain to me why i keep finding long horizontal lines of 1 by 1 water source blocks across the world?? Like someone failed with a WorldEdit job or something...

• the fail water lines is chunk regening because chunks cant talk to echother when they regen thats all that is

u poked me but i poked back
    with a golden wrench MinecraftSheep <is my sig

• I think we should keep the towns& markets, etc. We should reset to 1.27 to stop the conflicts too. I don't think we should have a creative area.. or do you mean a legit creative area? Because a creative zone (Minecraft creative) is just asking for a nuke.

• on the note of the 300x300 it would be a new blank map with chests stuffed with resources. you would be allowed to build houses similar to the style para has been constructing. to put your own name on and call yours as a permanent addition to future maps. this city once finished would have some kind of a wall built to indicate its origional boundries after which on new map new players would be capable at some point to add their own additions to the city in a new plot. it would be the start of an ever expanding server project with each frequent player adding their own piece. i hope this clarifys the issue.

note:this is what i discused with lev just before he created the poll to the best of my knowledge it hasnt changed

edit:just went on and talked to para hes not certain that a revert to using the ic 1.2 would work further with the new items it would be dificult to go back without reseting the map(if we missed the item wierd things might happen)

edit edit: the map is really broken as me and para were the only ones online and it corupted itself nothing we did i dont know how efective any solution not involving a map reset would be.

• its still crashing so in the interim why we are voting i have generated a fresh a map. THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT MAP but it will keep the server from going through the death spiral for now and I backed up the old map.

The Eleventh Doctor

• ign- Swetyfeet
    banned- never
    age- 15
    had minecraft for- since 1.7 (I don't remember when that was :()
    had industrial-craft for- like 3 months?

I've been trying to convince my friend to install industrialcraft on his server, but he's too lazy. I found this server, and would like to join.

• ign- Swetyfeet
    banned- never
    age- 15
    had minecraft for- since 1.7 (I don't remember when that was :()
    had industrial-craft for- like 3 months?

I've been trying to convince my friend to install industrialcraft on his server, but he's too lazy. I found this server, and would like to join.

There is no whitelist on this server, so join away. That goes for everyone else attempting to join the server too. I know Levint's first post is slightly contradictory, but there's no whitelist, and no need to post on the forums, just go ahead and log on in and start playing.

That being said, the server is going through some difficult times right now and is experiencing a lot of down time, as I'm sure you can see from the previous posts. While we always love new members, you might want to wait a week or so until this all gets worked out. In the meantime we are likely to experience daily rollbacks, crashes, and as Parasyte said, a temporary map.