[Solved] MFSU is outputting 512, not 2048?

• FTB Infinity Evolved
    No special additions or changes to the mod pack.

Apologies if my post or title are incorrect, first time here o/

My wiring looks a little messy here, but the setup is literally solar panels > mfsu > HV-Transformer > machine(s) ( :Solar Panel: > :MFS-Unit: > :HV-Transformer: ). mfsu says it outputs the 2048, just like how the eu-meter says it does, but it is instead outputting an average of 512. Why is this? Is it because the solar panels are sending in a packet size of 512? I thought the mfsu (and all batteries) collected energy and then outputted their intended packet size regardless of input packet size?

http://imgur.com/a/99U8r

Edited 4 times, last by Byrnes: Trying to post pic... ().

• Official Post

It's probably down to the HV-transformer only outputting 512 EU/t so it only draws that much. Without packets (in which it would draw 2048 EU/t then output 4 lots of 512 EU/t) I guess it must just be outputting 1 lot of 512 EU/t.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thank you for your response! I think I understand what you mean...but the transformer acknowledges that it takes in 2048, but the total split always is adding up to 512. What I mean: if I have one output from the transformer, it is 512. If I have it outputting twice, it only is shooting out 256 each. If I have it split more it continues the trend of adding to a total of 512.

• Official Post

The transformer claims it takes in 2048 EU/t, but that's only once every 4 ticks, so it ends up drawing an average of 512 EU/t from the MFSU. It makes perfect sense that the output is fractions of 512 EU/t if it only outputs a single packet.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Oh! For whatever reason the per 4 tick part completely went over my head. Since I'm trying to get multiple 512eu/t outputs I'm guessing it would be more efficient to ditch the mfsu then and just run multiple mfes! Thank you for your help!

• Official Post

Yeah, or keep the MFSU and just have 4 separate HV-transformers.

I see this too much.

• Well in 1.4.7 and older versions where the Enet was fixed (it is not fixed yet in Exp) there was the thing that Transformers outputed 4 of the lower power packets. (in your case 4x512EU)
    And IC2Exp even supports that kind of API but they will not implement it because its harder to implement then the stuff that everything is using.
    Even so the amount of work is like 5 minutes max.