Suggestion : Tree taps stuck to trees, Resin Bucket

• In real life when you use a treetap on a tree. You dont wham it in and wham it out D:
    You keep the treetap into the tree where resin drips out.

My suggestion is that when you use a treetap on a rubber tree, The treetap turns into a treetap block with resin dripping out as a entity (slowly) and when it hits the ground can turn into a item or if theres a resin Bucket be collected in the bucket
    The resin bucket can be placed on blocks (cant float in air so when block under is removed. It breaks) and can contain up to 5 sticky resin at the time.
    Bucket can be emptied by right clicking or breaking it.
    Doesnt need a special tool to operate a bucket or break it.
    When emptied the bucket simply drops all the sticky resin on the ground around it.

Recipe can be for the resin bucket

Air : Air : Air
    Iron Ignot: Air : Iron Ignot:
    Wood plank : Iron ignot : Wood plank

Alternately if there needs to be a new item for Treetap to stay in trees.
    Iron treetap

Air : Air : Air
    Wood Plank : Wood plank : Iron ignot
    Wood plank : Air : Air

Sample image

• Darn. I was going to suggest this but you beat me to it... oh well, if this could be implemented then I wouldn't have to worry too much about growing a Rubber Tree farm too close to home.

• Like the rubber collection method in plastic craft hmm maybe, I like the way it is now but it might be good your way too :/

• I think it would also be fair if putting the iron tap into a tree would be more efficient, because iron is much stronger than wood so would be able to get much deeper into the tree and collect more sap.

• I think it would also be fair if putting the iron tap into a tree would be more efficient, because iron is much stronger than wood so would be able to get much deeper into the tree and collect more sap.

Yes. But really the idea of the tree tap staying in the tree and resin dripping out is more realistic rather then smashing the tree trunk open with a iron treetap instead.

Also this would make it far more realistic for most players and more fun as instead of wandering though the graveyard of stricken trunks whacking the spots they see.
    They can use the iron treetaps to collect the resin in a civilized manner.
    If thats how people in real life use treetaps.
    Why cant we?

We got realistic electrical systems and more and more realistic methods of using our systems.
    But with treetaps we are barbarians.

I know you were just presenting a alternative.
    But its not one I think would be better.

• When I said that I meant once you put the iron treetap into the tree it would produce more resin compared to just bashing a wooden treetap into a tree, I also hate going through my graveyard of rubber trees whenever I need to make some cabling.