Give me ideas on Tutorial Videos!

• Official Post

I'm planning to do some 'Tutorial Videos' on this mod. Simple stuff that we see asked ALL THE TIME -- like how to wire stuff, and how certain tools/machines work. How to get started. Why do my machines explode when connected to an MFE? Stuff like that. For newbies :).

#1 -- I've already got some ideas on videos I want to make, but I'd like to hear from you - the IC2 community - on what you want to see. And don't say 'Nuclear Reactors' -- thats pretty hard to cover in 1 video, but I'll probably do at least an episode or 2 on them.

#2 -- Once posted, I'd like some of you who know this mod better than me to review my work, and tell me if I mess up.

#3 -- I'm going to start making these for v1.15 - Minecraft 1.8.1 -- If any major mechanics change, I'll remove my old video and post a new one.

#4 -- It'll probably all be done in a 'Test world' using TMI :). No legit play this time, just me saying "Heres how you convert from Medium Voltage to Low Voltage, and how more than 32EU/S can run through a copper wire (as long as its all LV).

Let me know what you guys think :). I'll post the first video or 2 in the next few days.

• Official Post

Just a few random ideas..

• The ic2 config: what you can change, how you can resolve id conflicts, ..
    • Quantum suit special abilities, jetpacks
    • How to get a back trace from a crash and how to report those
    • Miner, ore scanners
    • How to use high-res/alternative sprites
    • Rubber trees (where to find them, getting resin, tapping dry spots, ..)
    • Wiring (types, coloring, shocking, ...)
  • Direwolf,
    I would like to see a water mill tutorial. Or rather the most efficient way to make a water mill farm. :Water Mill: I would like to see one large enough to produce 512 eu/s

• Direwolf,
    I would like to see a water mill tutorial. Or rather the most efficient way to make a water mill farm. :Water Mill: I would like to see one large enough to produce 512 eu/s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8vuMDY6hY

It's been done... Watermills however won't generate HV current, but this 'plant' will create over 600k EU in less than 10 mins. once fired up...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Could you show us how pumps work?
    Great Vids :!:

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

• Official Post

Are pumps working in 1.15?

EDIT: They are still weird, but I just read the bugs thread about pumps, and it seems like they might have a workaround to get stuff going. I'll play with pumps tonight and do a video if I can build a reliable system.

• Are pumps working in 1.15?

EDIT: They are still weird, but I just read the bugs thread about pumps, and it seems like they might have a workaround to get stuff going. I'll play with pumps tonight and do a video if I can build a reliable system.

Ok thanks!

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

• Could you do a video on how to create effiecient Solar Flower/Arrays? and how to get your diamond production going :)

Loved your other videos so far!