G1R Warcraft: IC2, project red, guns, ICBM, gregtech & much more!

• Hey mens would it be possible to move the capitals outside the map area so people cant walk to them but team members can teleport to them and then both teams build new capitals?

• Oh I'm sorry, theres something called REAL LIFE and ASIAN PARENTS, combined. On a weekend. Plus, you guys killed me anyways.... Aside from that, perhaps copy the capitals, put them on a different map so we don't lose everything? :P

Or do you think the errors are like inside the capitals....?

• This only pertains to team reps:

I will be trading stacks of uranium cells for the equivalent amounts of tin cells and refined uranium. Seeing how many nuclear reactors people have to keep online makes me feel bad about the tedious, mind-numbing aspect of click-click-click refueling for all of them. Since I'm not getting kick backs from mouse manufacturers I'm not really feeling this. So I will be trading with reps only and only on weekends (saturday morning-sunday night) so don't pester me about it at any other time. I also don't want to have to stand in your base for 30 minutes while you dig through your belongings so if you plan on making this trade have everything ready, get everyones order and supplies together (I will only be dealing with 1 rep per team per weekend) to order in bulk.

• For the next update cycle we will basically be starting fresh. I will transfer vaults and industrial zones but that is all. Everything else will be newly generated map. I understand that this will probably make some people unhappy but frankly the map is picked clean and lags like hell. More veteran players have asked me to change the map than keep it. I will also be enlarging industrial zones to give more reps the opportunity to build without n00bzors messing things up for them. Everything in the industrial zones will be moved to the new map so I urge reps to continue using the zones. For everyone else - put your things in the vault when its time to move and thats how we can transfer it to the new map. DO NOT expect anything related to buildcraft to be transferred and prepare to break it down before the transfer.

When will it be time to update? When all the mods are updated and ported. If you ask me this question again I will simply ignore it.

What mods will we have? IC2, RP, planes, vehicles, guns (either sdk or WW2 will have to see which is better), condensed solars, advanced machines (the non-nerfed one), and probably a few others (seriously considering not getting railcraft just cause of those lag making bricks). I am not getting buildcraft or forestry though. Buildcraft is redundant and forestry is like some kind of Rube Goldberg machine with all its complexities essentially just used to grow stuff. We will have a replacement auto crafting table cause thats the only thing of value buildcraft has left. No I will not get more mods. More mods = more problems & more lag. Besides IC2 and RP have more then enough exceptional, bugfree content to keep you busy ad infinitum. Aside, this is a war server, not a freebuild server. Build what you need to compete and then well...compete. Do not tell me there is nothing to do when basically 2 or 3 people on each team do 95% of the work preparing defenses, gearing up for war & planning invasions....trust me those 2-3 people are very overworked and could use a little help.

• For the next update cycle we will basically be starting fresh. I will transfer vaults and industrial zones but that is all. Everything else will be newly generated map. I understand that this will probably make some people unhappy but frankly the map is picked clean and lags like hell. More veteran players have asked me to change the map than keep it. I will also be enlarging industrial zones to give more reps the opportunity to build without n00bzors messing things up for them. Everything in the industrial zones will be moved to the new map so I urge reps to continue using the zones. For everyone else - put your things in the vault when its time to move and thats how we can transfer it to the new map. DO NOT expect anything related to buildcraft to be transferred and prepare to break it down before the transfer.

When will it be time to update? When all the mods are updated and ported. If you ask me this question again I will simply ignore it.

What mods will we have? IC2, RP, planes, vehicles, guns (either sdk or WW2 will have to see which is better), condensed solars, advanced machines (the non-nerfed one), and probably a few others (seriously considering not getting railcraft just cause of those lag making bricks). I am not getting buildcraft or forestry though. Buildcraft is redundant and forestry is like some kind of Rube Goldberg machine with all its complexities essentially just used to grow stuff. We will have a replacement auto crafting table cause thats the only thing of value buildcraft has left. No I will not get more mods. More mods = more problems & more lag. Besides IC2 and RP have more then enough exceptional, bugfree content to keep you busy ad infinitum. Aside, this is a war server, not a freebuild server. Build what you need to compete and then well...compete. Do not tell me there is nothing to do when basically 2 or 3 people on each team do 95% of the work preparing defenses, gearing up for war & planning invasions....trust me those 2-3 people are very overworked and could use a little help.

1.) Any chance of us perhaps increasing the map size to +/- 2000?
    2.) For RailCraft, can't you simply disable placement of the Coke Oven Bricks?
    3.) Don't worry about Flan's WW2 Guns. In the rewritten mod, he's distributing content in packages. By default, there will be WW2, and Modern Weapons. I think the latter is what we'll be more focused on.
    4.) Can we get more info on this "replacement auto crafting table"?
    5.) Will, say, HV Solars above the vault be transferred with it?

Also, just to inform the server players, Flan plans to release the initial SSP version of his mods this weekend (maybe with grenades! :D), and SMP support is a pretty high priority after that. For more information, see Flan's Mods

EDIT: Also, we should get (when updated) Billy's Plane Pack, an addon for Flan's Planes, but which will later include more content for vehicles and guns. Billy says he plans to implement things like chemical bombs, such as mustard gas, real nuclear bombs (complete with radiation), potentially dirty bombs, a plane fueling truck, and many other great additions!

And I doubt I'm the only one who would love to see us getting Rocket Science when its SMP support is completed. We'll be able to disable the missiles (hopefully keeping passenger and (potential) cargo rockets. The fusion reactors are impressive tools, and Kentington's planned satellite systems will likely prove an... interesting... feature to have. The addon also gives a number of interesting gadgets, such as the Wet/Dry Vac and the Autominer. The planned missile defense system will also be a good tool that would allow us to potentially use the Incindiary and TNT Missiles without them being too overpowered. Also:

Nanotech is still a possibility, but it'll have to wait until after the satellite update (which, in turn, will come after full SMP and missile defense systems).

I suppose now is as good a time as any to announce that I've been putting some work into a "Realistic Reactors" add-on, since vanilla IC2's reactor bears about as much resemblance to an actual nuclear reactor as the mob spawning mechanics do to a real ecosystem. With this mod installed you'll be able to enrich uranium, breed plutonium and U-233 from U-238 and thorium, and set up optimal arrangements of fuel elements and moderator in your reactor. Current plans put the release of Realistic Reactors after the completion of Rocket Science, but if there's sufficient interest I could move the date up a bit.

This also seems interesting!
    Generally, I just feel that we should be keeping an eye on this.

• Sweet! Awesome, just wondering also, what are these "Industrial zones" and such. Otherwise I'll go put all my stuff in the vault soon.....

• Mens, when you get the chance, please destroy all teh red engines I have since you have disabled pretty much all of Buildcraft. Is redpower compatible with BC's Autotables? :O
    Otherwise I shall find out after you destroy all my redstone engines :P

-Thanks