Fluid reactor - strange HU/t being reported

• Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, a config issue or something else entirely, so i'm going to ask here.

I've set up a fluid reactor, pumping coolant out to some steam turbine arrays i've set up, but from everything i've seen on teh forums, the wiki etc the reactor should output a HU/t that will directly correspond with teh amount of HU transferred into hot coolant (i.e. if you have a reactor making 200HU/t you can run two liquid heat exchangers @100HU/t each)

On my setup however, with a quad rod and no reflectors etc, i seem to be producing around 4000HU/t (it fluctuates very slightly per tick, but averages out to about that) and when i've started to consume the hot coolant i've noticed it can't seem to support more than 2 heat exchangers (so 200HU/t)

It seems like my reactors HU/t output has a 20x multiplier on the display value, is that expected, or a config issue somewhere in a text file, or maybe a bug?

Some troubleshooting and version info:

FTB Beyond 1.8.0, running IC2 2.6 build 210 (sorry i know this isn't the latest, i've checked the patch notes from this to the latest and didn't see a direct change that might be related, updating a single mod is a bit of a pain so i've avoided doing so for now)

I'm using EnderIO to transfer the fluids, i have put additional reflectors into the reactor and got the output up to ~10,000 HU/t which was then able to support 5 heat exchangers without draining the hot coolant dry, so the multiplier held true there and i've ruled out hitting EnderIO liquid transfer limits as a problem.

I'm primarily using advanced heat vents and exchangers to keep my reactor cool, with some reactor heat vents as well to bleed off a little extra heat.

I've also confirmed my hot coolant output the other way by removing vents and dropping my output below 4,000HU/t and it began to be unable to keep up with the 2 heat exchangers, as I expected.

If there is any other info i can provide let me know, otherwise any help would be amazing. It isn't "stopping" me using it, but it is making tweaking my reactor to produce the right amounts just that little bit harder and I'm not sure it should be like this, so i want to fix it if there is a problem.

• Official Post

I looked into it a few months ago (from this bug), but apparently never actually committed anything mentioning it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thanks guys, you are spot on, that is exactly it.

Seeing as there is a bug report already I'll leave it in your hands, the bug report did clarify one is hu/t and one is hu/s, which makes sense @ 20TPS.

Cheers for all the work you guys do on this stuff and i appreciate the quick response! Loving the fluid reactor, its very cool