Serial Steam possible?

• Hi,

so I keep seeing liquid reactors that have the 2 turbines directly adjacent to the steam generator.

Now what I wanted to do is to build one huge steam building cluster, and then pipe it all into a long row of turbines.

Like this

STEAM

STEAM -> Turbine -> Turbine -> Turbine -> Turbine -> Turbine -> Turbine - Condenser -> back to steam cluster

STEAM

Does it work? Or do I have to make it STEAM-> Turbine -> Turbine -> Condenser

A second question I am wondering about is what pipes to use. How much liquid rate per tick do I need if I want to send hot coolant from one reactor port to 6 steam builders?

I don't want the pipes to be a bottleneck.

Thanks for any help!

• Official Post

STEAM

STEAM -> Turbine -> Turbine -> Turbine -> Turbine -> Turbine -> Turbine - Condenser -> back to steam cluster

STEAM

Does it work? Or do I have to make it STEAM-> Turbine -> Turbine -> Condenser

You'd have to do Turbine -> Turbine -> Condenser, the first automatically ejects the steam into the next one, which automatically ejects some of it's output into the condenser. There's little benefit to having many turbines anyway, they can take up to 1000 mb/t of steam each so it's unlikely you'd need more than 2 or 3 unless you had a very large number of steam generators.

A second question I am wondering about is what pipes to use. How much liquid rate per tick do I need if I want to send hot coolant from one reactor port to 6 steam builders?

I don't want the pipes to be a bottleneck.

The fluid port lets you drain as much fluid as you want (or can ;) ), so it would be best to aim for as much as possible really, or at the very least as much as your reactor was producing.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hi!

Thanks for your response.

A follow up question about "not more than 2 turbines, because they can process 1000 steam/t":

It was my understanding that independent of the amount of steam, the kinetic generator and turbine combo will always just produce 100 EU (superheated) and the next turbine-kinetic combo will produce 50 EU. Can they actually go beyond that?

I plan to use 7 steam generators.

• Official Post

The output scales with the steam input, it will output 100 EU/t for 100 mb/t of super heated steam, but if you input 200mb/t for example, it will then output 200 EU/t. 1000 mb/t is the limit where it won't scale any higher.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.