Problems with IC2 inventories (with ProjectRed)

• Hello,

I played happily my modded local server on 1.7.10, including IC² and ProjectRed.

Now that I'm updating to 1.10.2, i'm noticing a new problem : IC² machines can't be used with ProjectRed pipes. Is that a problem which can be solved from IC² ? Can i do anything to solve that, or can you?

I'm ready to provide more information regarding that issue if needed, just tell me what i need to provide.

I'm using forge 1.10.2-12.18.3.2511 with

industrialcraft-2-2.6.254-ex110.jar .

For ProjectRed, the files are

CodeChickenCore-1.10.2-2.4.1.103-universal

CodeChickenLib-1.10.2-2.5.9.308-universal

ForgeMultipart-1.10.2-2.0.0.38-universal

MrTJPCore-1.10.2-2.0.1.20-universal

ProjectRed-1.10.2-4.8.4.49-Base

ProjectRed-1.10.2-4.8.4.49-fabrication

ProjectRed-1.10.2-4.8.4.49-integration

ProjectRed-1.10.2-4.8.4.49-lighting

ProjectRed-1.10.2-4.8.4.49-mechanical

Thanks for any help.

(hello SpwnX if you see that, long time no see, right?)

_ NewMilenium

• Hello again,

my latest tests prove the problem comes from a change in IC² or forge. Here is the reasonning :

1. in 1.7.10 it works fine (meaning : IC² blocks inventories can be accessed by ProjectRed pipes and cards system).

2. in 1.10.2 with only IC² and Project Red installed, it doesn't work.

3. in 1.10.2, adding the mods EngineersWorkshop-1.3.6-1.10.2.jar, openmodularturrets-1.10.2-3.0.0-223.jar and ThermalDynamics-1.10.2-2.0.11.19-universal.jar (and their needed CoFHCore-1.10.2-4.1.12.17-universal.jar , omlib-1.10.2-3.0.0-129.jar , ThermalExpansion-1.10.2-5.1.10.28-universal.jar , ThermalFoundation-1.10.2-2.1.5.12-universal.jar ) permits to test : the workshop inventories, the turrets inventories and the Thermal machines inventories can all be accessed by ProjectRed pipes & cards system. (and IC² machines still can't be accessed)

Should i try old versions of IC² in 1.10.2 ? It would expose me to old bugs that have been corrected since, right?

• Official Post

I can't see the older versions working any better, if anything the support should be more likely to work in the newer versions from additions made over time. It might have to be something to ask the ProjectRed people about, we implement ISidedInventory and expose the Item Capability so there isn't anything else obviously missing.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• But there is no particular compatibility mod between ProjectRed and EngineersWorkshop, nor between ProjectRed and OpenModularTurrets, nor between ProjectRed and Thermal Expansion,

and i think ProjectRed is used in quite some modpacks, interacting fine with a lot of mods.

Is there any test i should do, any information i could get to help? Or can only you guys of IC2 take a look in IC2 code?

• Official Post

There are other mods like EnderIO and Thermal Dynamics that interact perfectly normally with all those mods as well as IC2, which is where the oddities of the situation lie. Fundamentally without knowing what ProjectRed is doing differently to decide whether to connect or not, it's not really possible to look into anything IC2 is doing and gain any more insight to the problem.

Have you tried from all sides of the IC2 block you're trying to access? All I can think that would logically be going wrong is if it's trying to insert into a side that only exports, or vice versa. But even then, you'd think it would still connect as it would tell it's an inventory.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Yes, i have tried from all sides of the IC2 block.

I could access all sides in 1.7.10 .

Should i ask another dev' his ideas about it, to transmit them to you then?

• Official Post

Sounds like a reasonable idea, I've no idea why it wouldn't work at this point.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It seems the only course of action is to ask someone who works on Project Red, there clearly isn't an obvious pattern to why it does and doesn't connect, given we also implement ISidedInventory like Modular Turrets.

I see this too much.

• I'm trying on 1.7.10 but it not work.

Pressure tubes (pneumatic tubes in RedPower2) don't put items into macerator or ic2 invenotries....

Can you tell me how did you do on 1.7.10?