Game crashes when I try to launch it

• I only have industrialcraft-2-2.8.70-ex112 installed yet I can't launch the game & I keep getting the same crash report & I've looked through it a couple of times now but It's been so long since the last time I've dealt with a crashed game I have no idea what I'm looking for, I have a group of friends that are playing on a sever with this mod on it so I can't simply just use a different version because I won't be able to join them if anyone can help it would be highly appreciated.

crash-2018-04-01_17.30.38-client.txt

• Official Post

Fundamentally build 70 had a few unexpected flaws in it that mean it can do this, hence 73 is now the recommended version. If you must appear to be using 70 (ie for connecting to a server running it), you'd have to open the build 73 jar and replace the IC2.class file in ic2/core with the one from the build 70 jar.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I replaced the IC2.class file & it allows the game to launch but now I'm getting mod rejections just as if I had the wrong version of the mod installed

• Official Post

Maybe swap the mcmod.info file too, I didn't think that was used over the main mod class but it's worth a shot if the server still doesn't like it. If that doesn't work I'd recommend making sure the server version is definitely the one you think.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

The point is by using the old IC2.class file in a newer IC2 build it will backdate the version it thinks it is running, and for this purpose that is fine as there are no differences between either one beside version.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Not when the other version crashes when you try and launch it ;)

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Good to hear

I see this too much.