Is it possible to lower IC2 machines' volume down?

• As the title says, is that possible without turning it off at all??

The volume is pretty loud and if you're trying to stream the game, talking over that noise is kinda bad...

Regards.

• Official Post

The volume is tied to the main volume slider, so if you lower that it will get quieter. There isn't anything that directly affects only IC2's sounds though, so that could be something we can look into if you need.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• A config option would be perfect!

I thought about replacing the ogg files inside the jar with ones I edited with lower volume, but that broke the jar file. Haha.

Tieing it to the master volume isn't the way to go, because it will always be proportional with the game's sound and it will always be too loud. 😆

Thanks for answering in the first place.

Edit: Or as a suggestion, tie it to the note block sound slider. Adjustable volume in-game.

• Official Post

The sound scales at distance, so a macerator just above your head is substantially louder than one 32 blocks away which means the main slider alone could have a bigger difference on IC2 than the rest of the game. Of course if you are running machines right next to you, this isn't going to help ;)

I'll have a look at adding a slider specifically for IC2 in the sound options.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

IC2 2.8.97 now has a separate slider in the sound options that can be used to configure IC2's sounds only. The attenuation distance can also be changed in the config if you particularly wanted to.

I see this too much.

• IC2 2.8.97 now has a separate slider in the sound options that can be used to configure IC2's sounds only. The attenuation distance can also be changed in the config if you particularly wanted to.

Can you update the 1.10.2 version to have this feature? I am playing a beautiful 1.10.2 pack :)