Suggestion: [Steel shouldn't be in steel oredictionary]

• I think steel shouldn't be in steel oredictionary because all other mods I know have too OP steel crafting to industrialcraft2. And also their recipes for it are different (mostly iron+coal).

Please, I know steel is steel but it makes industrialcraft2 boring if there are other mods with different steel crafting. :|

• Official Post

How other mods choose to make things is something we can never control, but steel is normally something that is at least above the most basic tier. Taking Railcraft or Immersive Engineering the requirements to make their steel are more in line with IC2's own for example, compared to Thermal Expansion that is considerably easier (but even then it's not immediate). Steel isn't vital to the IC2 tech tree too; it provides useful things like rotors but most things don't need it, so alone shortcutting steel doesn't progress you too much further.

At the end of the day it is easier to settle for it being potentially easier and it can be MineTweaker'd out if it becomes a particular issue to overall balance so that normally if people do go with RC or IE they can use their existing blast furnaces. People complained after all when it was refined iron but worked functionally to steel, so maybe you can't win either way ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

No, it's better to leave suggestions so that anyone thinking along the same lines can get an answer without having to ask again.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.