Why is my nuclear reactor blowing up for no apparent reason?

• So I use a pretty basic reactor setup with LZH Condensers in the 2nd 4th 6th and 8th columns with MOX Rods (Quad) In all of the other slots.

I get the reactor to 50% heat putting in one or two quad fuel rods and then i start the actual working.

It seems stable at first and the heat doesn't go up and produces ~8192 EU/tick

But if I move away from the reactor it explodes.

The same docent happen with normal fuel rods but it produces only 2800 EU/tick

• Although your description is enough for me to see the problem, could you please share a screenshot of your design or the reactor code generated by MauveCloud's reactor planner so that others can see it better?

The problem is with the condensators. They can't take in heat forever and need to be repaired with lapis lazuli or with a reactor coolant injector. After the condensators disappear (break), the fuel rod will dump its heat directly into the reactor hull instead of the condensator that was there, causing it to explode.

The MOX rods generate more EU when the core temperature is higher in an EU reactor, so that you see it producing more EU than using Uranium rods.

With normal fuel rods, you just need to wait longer for it to explode since it generates less heat per fuel rod.

Also, the current reactor output is capped at 8192 EU/t. No matter how many fuel rods you put in, it can only generate a maximum of 8192 EU/t. You can measure this with an EU-reader.

IC2 reactors has 196,627,050,475,552,913,618,075,908,526,912,116,283,103,450,944,214,766,927,315,415,537,966,391,196,809 (2754) combinations. HAYO!

:Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log:

My avatar is from a video of Operation Upshot-Knothole.

Edited once, last by KrisBigK ().