Support Request: Quarries excessively redrawing [Temp Fix Found]

• I've been having issues with quarries redrawing the whole arm with every movement. Prior to installing IndustrialCraft I was running Buildcraft without any issues.

Here's a screen shot of the glitched quarries:

Here's how I have things set up:

Playing on 1.8.1 SMP.
    Using IndustrialCraft2 version 1.15.
    Combined with version 1.8.1.1 of Buildcraft.
    Mod dependencies for both are: ModLoader, ModLoaderMP, Player's ModLoaderMP Fix, MCForge 1.1.1, Player's SoundSystem Fix.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Is there a fix? Maybe most importantly is anyone running on a similar set up without the issue?

• Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Is there a fix? Maybe most importantly is anyone running on a similar set up without the issue?

Yes, Iam :)

Actually it is compatible (IC² 1.15 and BC 1.8.1.1 with MCF 1.1.1) except crashing when trying to open an automated craftingtable of BC.

In your buildcraft\config folder in your SMP server change the line:
    current.continuous=false

to
    current.continuous=true

Remove your redstone pulser and just apply a single redstone torch to the quarry.

EDIT: Yay, first post ^^

• After spending some time with one of the developers of IC2 we've narrowed down the cause of this issue. If you have Minecraft Forge installed and are using BuildCraft do not use clocks. Redstone torch updates in the same chunk as quarries will cause this problem to happen. The same thing will happen with the text on signs, faces on machinery etc.

For the time being do not use clocks and you will not have this issue.

To make it so quarries are able to be run with a single torch set to on go into \%APPDATA%\.minecraft\buildcraft\config open buildcraft.cfg and change current.continuous to "true". If you're playing in SMP you need to do this on both the client side and server side.

Keep in mind that even if you have a clock that is not powering the quarry directly if there's a torch turning off and on within the same chunk it will cause the redraw.

Thanks Player. <: