[Suggestion] Protect Big Structures/Cities

• I was thinking about how to protect very big buildings and cities. Indeed, a 65*65*65 square force field would be too small, especially for some SMP constructions/cities, so to have the possibility too combine several shields would be very great.

For example the freq trans might have the hability to change the frequency of field generators. The force fields produced by field generators with the same frequency could then combine into a bigger one without weak area between them or without the need to carry 4 or more Freqtrans (forgetting which freqtrans is for what force field).

Considering energy this system would make one big shield more rentable than several little ones due to the cost of the shield generator itself. Because if you are able to power several small shields you are able too power a big one of the same surface.

But a good point of it would be the optimization of the protected surface due to the shape created by the position of field generators.

Also the texture of the shield could be better : for example a succession of coloured (transparent orange or light blue) panels with an extending brighter color when touched in an area.

• Official Post

Currently the ForceField is not implemented and due to the bugs with the 1st one, we don't have detailed plans on how to reimplement it, either.
    Thus we have set diffrent prioritys like (SMP) debugging and new content, currently the CF.

• well, this doesn't seem important enough to go and make my own thread about so ill say it here.

a modified REstone block that, when placed to encircle a few blocks, the inside of this circle would be impervious to force fields, so that you could make archways thru forcefields that would always be open.

recipe:
    RRR
    RAR = 8Fblocks (field blocks? idk, im not very good at the whole creative naming thing :()
    RRR
    R=REstone
    A=advanced circuit

EDIT: possibly replace the advanced circuit with a freq transmitter?

• There is pretty much no way to make a spherical forcefield work well and not be CPU intensive in any game. I had one in the source engine and it was still laggy despite it being a much better engine.

I definitely agree with putting it on the backburner.