Is there a way to water and fertilize a crop before it disappear?

• I was trying to crossbreed some high attribute potatoes in IC2 experimental 2.8.197.

I learned that crops with high attribute may disappear in a few seconds after being planted if you don't fertilize or water it. However, a crop matron can not solve this as its work cycle is much longer than the time for the crop to disappear. I can't solve this manually either, because I cannot water it manually.

Right now my only solution is to plant some sugar canes, wait for them to be fertilized and watered, and replace them with my potatoes. A waste of resource and time.

Is there a better way?

• Sounds like a bug, not sure if there is a better workaround..

Which part is a bug? I thought everything was how it supposed to be. But I do hope to be able to water the plant with a bucket or cell.

• Should be fixed in build 198.

That would be great. Though I still don't know which part is a bug... Are the seeds not supposed to be disappearing even if water and fertilizer values are 0?

• Official Post

when placing a crop the air quality values where not being updated. So the total value of humidity + air quality + nutrients would be lower than it should. The reason for this only being noticed on high stat crops is that the value required for this sum increases the higher the crop stats, so low stat crops would do just fine without the added air quality value since the value would still be greater than the threshold.

• when placing a crop the air quality values where not being updated. So the total value of humidity + air quality + nutrients would be lower than it should. The reason for this only being noticed on high stat crops is that the value required for this sum increases the higher the crop stats, so low stat crops would do just fine without the added air quality value since the value would still be greater than the threshold.

Thanks.