Suggestion: Miner deposit items in both chests for double chest.

• Name:Miner deposit items in both chests for double chest.

Description:
    After this thread was locked (I am unsure why they are locked when there is actually more discussion to be done)
    I Decided to make this since it is actually a suggestion.

I would like miners to deposit items in any chest linked to a chest adjacent to said miner.

• Quoted from Al on the previous thread:
    "There is no thing such as a "large chest".
    It's just a mechanism-algorythm linking two chests together on a graphical level. thus they are rendered as a large chest and display a large chest GUI.
    But they're still just 2 small chests on the actual coding level, and that's where the miner is working."

The algorithm that controls so-called "double chests" actually links them at a graphical level (hence the x2 GUI and merged chests), but below that, at the code level it's actually just two storage containers. The miner follows at this lower level, not the graphical.

Example:
    :Advanced Furnace: :Advanced Circuit: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine:

Furnace = Miner
    Adv. Circuit = Pump
    Adv. Machine = Chests

In this scenario, it would make sense that the pump would only output to the chest adjacent as it can't reach the second.

Again:
    :Advanced Furnace: :Advanced Circuit: :Advanced Machine:
    :Advanced Machine:
    Same thing, the chests are not adjacent to the pump.

But, I know it's irritating especially if you're pumping up a lot of liquids.

• I know that. If you read my post, I said any chest attached to the chest, meaning it would additionally look at any chests next to the chest that is adjacent to the miner. Hence that argument is invalid. Basically, I want the miner to, if a chest is full, to check for a chest touching it and try to fill it as well if found.

• Okay. In that case, I wouldn't mind this being implemented. Sorry, I misread your post, I was in a hurry.

• Name:Miner deposit items in both chests for double chest.

Description:
    After this thread was locked (I am unsure why they are locked when there is actually more discussion to be done)
    I Decided to make this since it is actually a suggestion.

I would like miners to deposit items in any chest linked to a chest adjacent to said miner.

You could use buildcraft's pipes security chest and other stuf so dont bother Alblaka

• Official Post

It's possible. However, it would require me to read through the code of how chests determine their combine-partner and then write a secon iteration in case chest 1 is full.
    All possible, but i currently rather would like to spend my time on new things.

As well, you can use Personal Safes to have a 54-slot storage for a machine :3