IC2 for Minecraft 1.19?

• IC2Classic also released for 1.19.2.
    And it is fully done and well tested.
    https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/ic2-classic

Wow, this mod looks awesome! I can't wait to download it and mess around with the new reactor stuff. Also, I've looked through your wiki (or at least the portions relevant to nuclear reactors) and I have a few comments/suggestions:

The Charcoal Enriched Uranium fuel cell life should be increased from 15k seconds to maybe 18k or 20k. Currently it produces less total EU than a regular fuel cell. I think that to counterbalance its reduced EU output it should produce more total EU per cell. This requires a lifetime greater than 16,667 seconds, so I suggest maybe 18k or 20k.

There should be electric versions of the heat exchangers to match the increased heat flow required to fully utilize the electric heat vents.

There should be electric and steam versions of the component heat vent. The overclocked heat vent is difficult to use without the component heat vent if I am to be drawing heat from the reactor hull. Without electric or steam component heat vents I won't be able to use electric overclocked heat vents as effectively as I might otherwise be able to, nor will I be able to make best use of steam overclocked heat vents in a steam reactor.

The power draw of electric components needs to be increased greatly if there is to be any trade-off in using them other than possibly more expensive resource requirements to craft. I suggest at least 10x increased power draw, maybe considerably more. Otherwise, a resource-rich player will have no incentive whatsoever not to use electric heat vents because they currently have a negligible effect on the efficiency of the reactor.

I think the steam reactor needs to be usable without other mods. IC2 experimental lets me use the fluid reactor without other mods via the fluid distributor block. This block is a lot more bulky and generally difficult to work with than the pipes of other mods, but that can also be taken as an interesting challenge to work with as it makes arranging the blocks in a coolant cooling facility somewhat similar to arranging components in a reactor. As such, I suggest you add the fluid distributor to IC2 classic so we can move water/steam to/from steam reactors and turbines.

I also suggest that you make steam turbines produce water and/or low-pressure steam that needs to be condensed into water. This way I can have a closed loop system like with IC2 experimental fluid reactors. If you do this, I prefer that you do not involve distilled water unless you provide a way of producing it that doesn't calcify boilers, or provide a convenient means of de-calcification.

The Charcoal Enriched Uranium fuel cell life should be increased from 15k seconds to maybe 18k or 20k. Currently it produces less total EU than a regular fuel cell. I think that to counterbalance its reduced EU output it should produce more total EU per cell. This requires a lifetime greater than 16,667 seconds, so I suggest maybe 18k or 20k.

Yeah this was actually done. Heatoutput was reduced and burntime was increased to 20k.

There should be electric and steam versions of the component heat vent. The overclocked heat vent is difficult to use without the component heat vent if I am to be drawing heat from the reactor hull. Without electric or steam component heat vents I won't be able to use electric overclocked heat vents as effectively as I might otherwise be able to, nor will I be able to make best use of steam overclocked heat vents in a steam reactor.

This was addressed as we just buffed the steam vents by +50% cooling capacity.
    Electric steam vents drain power, so that isn't possible with the steam reactor. But a good middle ground where they are between normal and Electric vents seem to be a good solution.

And their productivity can be configured in the mod config.

The power draw of electric components needs to be increased greatly if there is to be any trade-off in using them other than possibly more expensive resource requirements to craft. I suggest at least 10x increased power draw, maybe considerably more. Otherwise, a resource-rich player will have no incentive whatsoever not to use electric heat vents because they currently have a negligible effect on the efficiency of the reactor.

Honestly, this isn't changed and while you are right that there should be a bigger downside, but honestly reactors are scaring people already a lot. Not needed to scare them more.

Also the drain happens before the EU config applying meaning no matter what you set the config to it auto scales with it.

I think the steam reactor needs to be usable without other mods. IC2 experimental lets me use the fluid reactor without other mods via the fluid distributor block. This block is a lot more bulky and generally difficult to work with than the pipes of other mods, but that can also be taken as an interesting challenge to work with as it makes arranging the blocks in a coolant cooling facility somewhat similar to arranging components in a reactor. As such, I suggest you add the fluid distributor to IC2 classic so we can move water/steam to/from steam reactors and turbines.

Fully addressed. IC2Classic comes with its own fluid pipe system that the reactor and a lot of machines can directly emit through.
    They can if nessesary also drain from fluid sources too.

Also higher tier "Steam Tunnel" that can output up to 4x 512EU packets per tick (instead of 2kEU) to help use the steam faster is now a thing.

Last point is addressed with the "Steam Tunnel"

• Yeah this was actually done. Heatoutput was reduced and burntime was increased to 20k.

I see. Looks like the wiki needs some updating then.

This was addressed as we just buffed the steam vents by +50% cooling capacity.
    Electric steam vents drain power, so that isn't possible with the steam reactor. But a good middle ground where they are between normal and Electric vents seem to be a good solution.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not referring to vents that are simultaneously electric and steam, but to the electric/steam versions of the component heat vent specifically. Without this particular heat vent, it is nearly impossible to effectively use the overclocked heat vent in a reactor that involves heat being put into the hull. While the stock component heat vent can still be used, it's insufficient to cool the electric and steam variants of the overclocked heat vent, in addition to not generating any steam in a steam reactor (just wastes heat). Unless electric/steam component heat vents are added, or the hull cooling of electric/steam overclocked heat vents is reduced, I won't be able to use electric/steam overclocked heat vents in reactor designs that put heat into the hull unless I'm willing to put the reactor on a redstone clock to periodically cool the overclocked vents.

Also, I noticed the ender fuel cells don't behave as described on the wiki. The wiki claims that it interacts with the 8 surrounding neighbors just like a normal fuel cell interacts with it's 4 surrounding neighbors, including reflector interaction, but the in-game planner shows me something quite different from that. Specifically, it interacts with the 8 surrounding components as described by the wiki in terms of heat, but for reflectors it only operates in the 4 cardinal directions. Instead of interacting with reflectors on the diagonals, it interacts at any distance with them as long as they are in one of the four cardinal directions, even if there are other reflectors between the reflector and fuel cell. This means a quad ender fuel cell can achieve 16 efficiency by interacting with 8 reflectors in the horizontal direction and 5 in the vertical direction. This behavior is quite different from what the wiki says, which claims it can achieve a maximum of 11 efficiency by surrounding a quad ender cell with 8 reflectors.