Posts by JasonS05

I don't really know. The thread I linked seems to indicate that since some version of the mod the recipe became broken and has never been fixed since. How people have typically dealt with that, I have no idea. If it's possible, you might consider downgrading your version of that mod to before the bug was introduced, or using the latest version of the mod in the hopes that a fix has been released. However, I don't know if changing the mod version like that can easily be done in your situation.

I assume you are talking about IC2 Experimental for 1.12.2 (as opposed to IC2 Classic which has both 1.12.2 and 1.19.2 versions).

I don't know the exact ratio for steam to kU, but I'm pretty sure that 4 hU turns to 3 EU with superheated steam and 2 EU with regular steam, and the stirling engine had the same hU/EU rate as regular steam. I also think I remember the kinetic generator generating 100 EU/t from a superheated steam turbine and 50 from a regular steam turbine. I think my setup went something like:

1. 4 mB/t hot coolant into two heat exchangers
    2. 200 hU/t heat from heat exchangers into a boiler together with 1 mB/t distilled water input
    3. superheated steam from boiler goes to two turbines (the first turbine outputs regular steam which powers the second turbine)
    4. kinetic energy from the two turbines goes to two kinetic energy generators
    5. the one taking kinetic energy from the superheated steam turbine makes 100 EU/t and the other one makes 50 EU/t

and then I would put two of these setups together which would share the same condenser to make a single 8 mB/t hot coolant to 300 EU/t setup, and I'd have multiple of those setups processing my fluid reactor output as needed.

Also, I remember hearing some rumors about IC2 Exp failing to conserve distilled water and producing less distilled water from the waste steam than was used to make it in the first place, but I don't remember whether or not I ever actually observed that in-game.

Anyway, the wiki says that 1 mB of water and 200 hU makes 100 mB of superheated steam, so it looks like the ratio is 100 mB superheated steam -> 400 kU -> 100 EU. And I guess that means that for ordinary steam the ratio is 100 mB steam -> 200 kU -> 50 EU.

Unfortunately, I can't find any numbers for the conversion of steam back to distilled water.

He's playing Industrial Reborn, not IC2Exp. As I understand, Industrial Reborn is an attempt at recreating IC2 from scratch for 1.19.2, as opposed to IC2Exp which is a continuation of existing IC2 by some of the original developers.

Yes, ic2 experimental exists on 1.19 https://jenkins.ic2.player.to/job/IC2/job/1.19/.

It is generally not possible to seamlessly port worlds across minecraft versions due to the numerous changes they go through when porting. Blocks and items that existed in the mod in 1.12 may not exists in 1.19 and vice versa. You're also not getting any of the new vanilla worldgen changes either. Porting worlds across versions is not recommended and will likely result in world corruption.

If you want to start playing a new mc version, especially when the difference is this huge, you'll have to start over.

Looking at that link, it appears to still be in very early development. It states directly that it is not yet stable and breaking changes may happen with updates. Perhaps IC2 Experimental has always been this way, but I still get the feeling that this isn't ready for use yet. But yes, I do stand corrected about no official IC2 versions existing for 1.19.2 besides IC2 Classic.

Are you sure the 1.19.2 version of the mod is really IC2? As far as I'm aware, there are no official ports of IC2 to 1.19.2 with the exception of Speiger's IC2 Classic, so the mod you are using is probably a different one like Tech Reborn or some such that seeks to imitate IC2 as closely as possible. In that case, the blocks do not load upon opening the world because the mod they come from is no longer present, even though an extremely similar mod is present. Perhaps try again with IC2 Classic for 1.19.2. If that doesn't work, then it is probably simply not possible to transfer your IC2 save file from 1.12.2 to 1.19.2.

Also, IC2 Classic is not exactly the same as what you were using in 1.12.2, which looks like it's probably IC2 Experimental. You see, first there was IC, then came IC2, then IC2 branched out into IC2 Experimental and IC2 Classic, where both have IC2 as a base but add different stuff. A good way to test if you are running IC2 Experimental instead of plain IC2 is if the mod includes something called a "Fluid Reactor", which is an upgraded version of the regular Nuclear Reactor that is substantially more complex to generate power with but can produce greater quantities of power. If you are running IC2 Experimental, then the Experimental-specific stuff (such as the fluid reactor, and probably lots of other stuff) definitely will not be recognized by IC2 Classic. However, there is still a chance that the original IC2 stuff will be recognized in the save file when using IC2 Classic, so it's definitely worth a try.

Yeah this was actually done. Heatoutput was reduced and burntime was increased to 20k.

I see. Looks like the wiki needs some updating then.

This was addressed as we just buffed the steam vents by +50% cooling capacity.
    Electric steam vents drain power, so that isn't possible with the steam reactor. But a good middle ground where they are between normal and Electric vents seem to be a good solution.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not referring to vents that are simultaneously electric and steam, but to the electric/steam versions of the component heat vent specifically. Without this particular heat vent, it is nearly impossible to effectively use the overclocked heat vent in a reactor that involves heat being put into the hull. While the stock component heat vent can still be used, it's insufficient to cool the electric and steam variants of the overclocked heat vent, in addition to not generating any steam in a steam reactor (just wastes heat). Unless electric/steam component heat vents are added, or the hull cooling of electric/steam overclocked heat vents is reduced, I won't be able to use electric/steam overclocked heat vents in reactor designs that put heat into the hull unless I'm willing to put the reactor on a redstone clock to periodically cool the overclocked vents.

Also, I noticed the ender fuel cells don't behave as described on the wiki. The wiki claims that it interacts with the 8 surrounding neighbors just like a normal fuel cell interacts with it's 4 surrounding neighbors, including reflector interaction, but the in-game planner shows me something quite different from that. Specifically, it interacts with the 8 surrounding components as described by the wiki in terms of heat, but for reflectors it only operates in the 4 cardinal directions. Instead of interacting with reflectors on the diagonals, it interacts at any distance with them as long as they are in one of the four cardinal directions, even if there are other reflectors between the reflector and fuel cell. This means a quad ender fuel cell can achieve 16 efficiency by interacting with 8 reflectors in the horizontal direction and 5 in the vertical direction. This behavior is quite different from what the wiki says, which claims it can achieve a maximum of 11 efficiency by surrounding a quad ender cell with 8 reflectors.

IC2Classic also released for 1.19.2.
    And it is fully done and well tested.
    https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/ic2-classic

Wow, this mod looks awesome! I can't wait to download it and mess around with the new reactor stuff. Also, I've looked through your wiki (or at least the portions relevant to nuclear reactors) and I have a few comments/suggestions:

The Charcoal Enriched Uranium fuel cell life should be increased from 15k seconds to maybe 18k or 20k. Currently it produces less total EU than a regular fuel cell. I think that to counterbalance its reduced EU output it should produce more total EU per cell. This requires a lifetime greater than 16,667 seconds, so I suggest maybe 18k or 20k.

There should be electric versions of the heat exchangers to match the increased heat flow required to fully utilize the electric heat vents.

There should be electric and steam versions of the component heat vent. The overclocked heat vent is difficult to use without the component heat vent if I am to be drawing heat from the reactor hull. Without electric or steam component heat vents I won't be able to use electric overclocked heat vents as effectively as I might otherwise be able to, nor will I be able to make best use of steam overclocked heat vents in a steam reactor.

The power draw of electric components needs to be increased greatly if there is to be any trade-off in using them other than possibly more expensive resource requirements to craft. I suggest at least 10x increased power draw, maybe considerably more. Otherwise, a resource-rich player will have no incentive whatsoever not to use electric heat vents because they currently have a negligible effect on the efficiency of the reactor.

I think the steam reactor needs to be usable without other mods. IC2 experimental lets me use the fluid reactor without other mods via the fluid distributor block. This block is a lot more bulky and generally difficult to work with than the pipes of other mods, but that can also be taken as an interesting challenge to work with as it makes arranging the blocks in a coolant cooling facility somewhat similar to arranging components in a reactor. As such, I suggest you add the fluid distributor to IC2 classic so we can move water/steam to/from steam reactors and turbines.

I also suggest that you make steam turbines produce water and/or low-pressure steam that needs to be condensed into water. This way I can have a closed loop system like with IC2 experimental fluid reactors. If you do this, I prefer that you do not involve distilled water unless you provide a way of producing it that doesn't calcify boilers, or provide a convenient means of de-calcification.

MOX fuel works exactly like ordinary uranium when in a fluid reactor except that if the reactor temperature is greater than 50%, the MOX fuel generates twice as much heat, and thus double the efficiency.

If you want to maintain a high reactor heat (in order to get that massive efficiency boost) that doesn't need to be manually generated again every time you start the reactor or replace the fuel, then you need to rely on inter-component heat conduction only. This puts a hard cap on reflectors to just 3 instead of 4 because you need one side available to conduct heat to components. However, it is not possible to remove all of this heat as fast as it is generated because it will be generating 672 heat per second. The fastest that heat can be drawn away from one component is 216 heat per second, which requires that the component be a component heat exchanger with three more component heat exchangers around it. With a duty cycle of 19 seconds off, 9 seconds on, the 672 heat per second generation will be reduced to 216 heat per second. The reactor design shown in your second image will work given this duty cycle, but it has more vents than needed. This reactor design has the exact amount of cooling required for the cycle of 19 off, 9 on:

erp=Ag7cLtXOtN6En5t6yqpBcgQFO3k18YACdUEL3V0YHooYJQ1c5EsCNnL8OKepXwVwccIk2ulj/sdyC5pdAw==

While this works, it is very close to melting as the component heat vent adjacent to the MOX fuel will reach 4,824 heat at the end of every 19 second on-cycle, and the component heat exchanger melts at 5,000. So, it doesn't exactly have a wide safety margin.

If you are alright with having to manually recharge the reactor heat every time the reactor starts up or is refueled, then you can have 4 reflectors around your MOX, but this requires a very precise balancing act and can extremely easily turn your reactor into a crater, even if the setup is perfect. Only do this if you either don't care about safety or absolutely require maximum efficiency. In order to make it stable while running, you must draw the exact amount of heat from the reactor that is being produced, and have a vent setup that can sustain being in a very hot reactor indefinitely (i.e. no under-cooled overclocked heat vents, because they will melt). Again, it will not be possible to cool all the heat produced, because it will be making a whopping 896 heat per second. This means we will again need a duty cycle. But unless you have a very short duty cycle, a simple cycle will not work because you only have 5,000 heat of spare room before your reactor explodes. Anyway, the best design that I'm aware of (the last design on the first post of this thread) cools 640 heat per second and requires a duty cycle of 5 seconds on and 2 seconds off. This means the reactor heat fluctuates by 1280 heat during operation. Given only 5,000 heat of operating room, this means you need to set the temperature within a range of only 3,730 heat to keep it simultaneously above 50% heat and below 100% heat at all times. Plus, every time you shut down the reactor for any reason, e.g. refueling, it will lose all its heat and require you to somehow restore its heat to somewhere in the 3,730 heat wide safe zone. This is made very difficult because as soon as the temperature rises above the magic 50% line, it will start generating 448 more heat than it was while it was below that temperature, and it only takes 11 or 12 seconds to explode at a heat gain rate of 448 heat per second. As such, this is an exceptionally dangerous design. I do not recommend using it unless you have a mod like nuclear control which can give a redstone signal when the temperature is above some threshold. If you do have such a mod, then it will be much safer when running, but when you start it up you'll still have that 10 second time limit to restore all cooling because you'll have to remove at least half of the cooling to get it to rise above 50% heat.

if you like you can use an online free Minecraft server service or host one yourself if you want to play with friends. I know a service that lets you add whatever mods you want, but because it's a free service it turns off the server after everyone leaves or is AFK for too long, but you can easily reboot it from the website of the service as soon as you want to play again.

Further explanation would be very useful. I see you have a crash report file here, but you did not explain how the crash happened. Did it happen when you booted the game? When you tried to load the world? Some time randomly while playing? When you did something specific while playing? What version of Minecraft did you use? What version of Forge did you use? What are all the mods you have installed, including specific versions? Perhaps include a .zip of your mods folder.

Please try to include detail in your posts instead of posting the bare minimum. Giving just a crash report and one sentence almost certainly isn't sufficient information to allow others to help you, and even if all the relevant information is available in the crash report (I don't know if it is, I'm not fluent in crash reports) it's still highly advisable to put in the extra five minutes and write down everything relevant that you know. Failing to do that just means that whoever wants to help you will have to go to extra work to do so, and that means that they're less likely to try to help.

As far as I know the 1.12 versions are stable and I have used 1.12 experimental IC2 without issues. Because development by the official developers has as far as I know completely stopped you probably don't have to worry about future breaking changes, even if it's still officially unstable. If you use a 1.18 port or something then even if it stabilizes it's still highly likely to be incompatible with the official 1.12 IC2.