The Perfect Minimal Reactor?

• The Design

The Goal: make a Mark I-O, 2.33 eff, negative heat reactor using only 2 chambers.

The Problem: Alblaka says that the reactor plating has -0.1 heat/tick, but also that it transfers heat immediately to adjacent components. The order that happens in is critical. If it dissipates the heat before transferring, then the design has a very small negative heat gain. If it transfers before dissipating, it's back to a heat neutral design. The javascript simulator seems to go with the latter. I guess I should just build the thing and test it.

Oh, and the simulator puts more heat on the right side components, even though it's a symmetric design. Maybe there's some nuance I'm missing?

Ideas and corrections are welcome.

• Very nice, very compact and it produces enough energy and lasts forever! although about the heating, maybe it follows some wierd pattern like the North-west thing for rails and redstone.

• Wow... never really thought of using a bit of plating in place of where an HD would have normally gone. But that does improve the resource drain just a tad over the other design people like circulating!

• That's just the design I use, not counting that clever plate :D

But you know, It's not horrible to have a few heating points since you really can't run it all the time unless you constantly babysits it :thumbup:

• The optimal nuclear power plant would use large amounts if these instead of full chambered high powered reactors...
    ... hmm

• Depends. If you go for cost efficiency, this is beast. If you want uran efficiency, you might as well go for square setups.

• But you know, It's not horrible to have a few heating points since you really can't run it all the time unless you constantly babysits it :thumbup:

I know, needs more automation :(

I figure you could include a feeder system a la Kaso's glorious Nuclear Power Station. Except, instead of ice cubes, you'd feed in uranium cells. A few buildcraft pipes are no problem, and with EE (I know it's a little cheaty, but whatever) you can generate uranium and empty cells from matter generators pretty quickly. That just leaves periodically taking out any depleted cells. Maybe a quick addon to buildcraft to selectively remove them ... :P Maybe a custom uranium cell that always vanishes after use, heh.

By the way: http://test.vendaria.net/index…CCCUHCCHCCCCHCCHCCCHCCCHC. You beat me to it dammit. I thought maybe I could get a heat neutral 2.5 reactor with that same setup, but I guess that's pretty optimal. Kudos!

• I figure you could include a feeder system a la Kaso's glorious Nuclear Power Station. Except, instead of ice cubes, you'd feed in uranium cells. A few buildcraft pipes are no problem, and with EE (I know it's a little cheaty, but whatever) you can generate uranium and empty cells from matter generators pretty quickly. That just leaves periodically taking out any depleted cells. Maybe a quick addon to buildcraft to selectively remove them ... :P

First off, kudos to you for taking an extremely good design and making it better. Second, I'd already planned to do what this above quote details (But I wasn't sure how much energy it takes to create matter). Third, there's an add-on for buildcraft that can deal with the nearly-depleted uranium cells, Buildcraft Additional Pipes .

[I believe SpaceToad intends to add that functionality of the advanced wooded pipe to buildcraft... when he gets around to it.]

• That BC addon is BOSS. I could simplify so much with just one of those pipes.

The matter generators in Equivalent Exchange can easily be set up to be self-sustaining ... mostly. No energy requirements. You need RedPower for the engines and the EE addon for IC2 items.