Suggestion: Field Generator 2.0 with SMP Special Protection Config.

• Hello my name is Kane Hart and this my first post on IC Forums. I run a large server called Godcraft woot but it's not as wicked as IC <3 haha Okay my players will kill me but lets say IC/BC is my kind of style game. One of the biggest things I want to do is whitelist more players rather then just friends. But there is one problem and that is griefing.... But wait? Why not just solve that? I think there is a way and that is with Field Generators 2.0.

Providing a new special config options that allows advance things for server admins to set like indestructible regions protection almost like say using something like WorldGuard... So the field comes up but this time if you go to the top of it or dig under it you just can't... It's sort like spawning a zillion safe's around the world.

I know that Field Generator was taken out in recently and I think the main problem it sounded like was the field generator shield generation causing the cpu load to climb like crazy. So yes I do get the issue there. But this I would say would cause not CPU time and it be only a optional function.

Anyways thanks for your time.

Kane Hart

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Do you mean THE Godcraft server?

Anyhow, I like this idea since I've been working on a server for IC2 and this might actually use this if it were possible.

• Yeah I feel like it would benifit server owners whitelist or none.. Safe heaven protected players work I mean what more could one ask for. With this too you could offer larger fields also and it should not be taxing really.

• Meh, maybe Al doesn't care so much about griefing cos he plays on IR ... Which is P2P and thus has griefing level under 1/9000...

Also, I think I've heard about godcraft before ... Old server?

• Official Post

I'm very well interested in anti-griefing measures.

Alex just signed up for coding the ForceField, the config idea and exapandable size are already in as base conditions.

• I'm very well interested in anti-griefing measures.

Alex just signed up for coding the ForceField, the config idea and exapandable size are already in as base conditions.

Thanks for the info. Yeah anything for anti griefing is really what I would love to see. I'm sure with your baby being used on more and more SMP servers including more public ones too with this method. Could create wonderful pvp games too. The old system seem to broken a system where you can't break in period sounds the best. This way weeks of work can't ever fail UNLESS you fail and blow the generators haha.

Hope Alex will keep us informed :)