Mk5-CASUC 640 eu/tick 4.27 eff with redpower 2 pre3b (Outdated does not work properly on 1.0)

• Idea for the timer problem:

Use a minecart (since they update instantly and save velocity now) such that if the timer ever stays off or on for too long, the minecart goes by a detector rail and updates it. I still have to make such a design, but thats the theory, we'll see if it still has a problem.

• I currently have a test/prototype map up on my server with IC, BC, RP & the additional pipes. If you want to jump on to test SMP stuff, PM me your in-game name.

I tested some in SSP with buildcraft pipes for this style of reactor, figuring I could go up to 5 chambers with just an advanced wooded pipe. I was able to decently rig up the BC pipes to RP tubes using obsidian pipes, however: redstone engines work pretty quick when they're all the way red, problem is they won't get that way on their own, they'll just fluctuate between orange/red [not to mention putting an item that could explode on its own next to a reactor system that's known for exploding... probably not a good idea]. Also, was using 4 engines on the wooded pipe, eventually they all synched up making the output really slow, as 4 engines hitting at the same time would still only pull 1 item out of the reactor.

I might try with the allocator next just to see if it can run properly on a 0.2 timer, so that I might be able to have my 1500 heat reactor back.

Rick, I tried the schematic you linked in the first post.. It exploded. [I think it's cos the levers revert to the off position or something, cos the reactor would be on, and would explode before I could figure out how to get up to the door and open it. Though it seemed like only 2 out of 3 times it'd explode right off the bat, a couple times I was able to get in and turn the reactor off (with the lever there) but it would still explode.]

• Ye i just noticed its because mcedit bugs out all redpower machine stuff. I will upload one without uranium then you have to replace all machines to fix it. Its a bit of work but better than making one from scratch. I done this too and when i replaced them all it worked again. Also dont forget to replace the timer in the cooling system. Rest should work fine.

Through this is not a problem if you make one without using mcedit.

• Ye i just noticed its because mcedit bugs out all redpower machine stuff. I will upload one without uranium then you have to replace all machines to fix it. Its a bit of work but better than making one from scratch. I done this too and when i replaced them all it worked again. Also dont forget to replace the timer in the cooling system. Rest should work fine.

Through this is not a problem if you make one without using mcedit.

How many times do I have to tell you guys that you don't need to replace ANYTHING if you just have the reactor AND cooling system OFF BEFORE TAKING THE SCHEMATIC!

Geez... You're making it way too difficult.

• I tested some in SSP with buildcraft pipes for this style of reactor, figuring I could go up to 5 chambers with just an advanced wooded pipe. I was able to decently rig up the BC pipes to RP tubes using obsidian pipes, however: redstone engines work pretty quick when they're all the way red, problem is they won't get that way on their own, they'll just fluctuate between orange/red [not to mention putting an item that could explode on its own next to a reactor system that's known for exploding... probably not a good idea]. Also, was using 4 engines on the wooded pipe, eventually they all synched up making the output really slow, as 4 engines hitting at the same time would still only pull 1 item out of the reactor.

I might try with the allocator next just to see if it can run properly on a 0.2 timer, so that I might be able to have my 1500 heat reactor back.

Rick, I tried the schematic you linked in the first post.. It exploded. [I think it's cos the levers revert to the off position or something, cos the reactor would be on, and would explode before I could figure out how to get up to the door and open it. Though it seemed like only 2 out of 3 times it'd explode right off the bat, a couple times I was able to get in and turn the reactor off (with the lever there) but it would still explode.]

First, redstone engines never blow up. Ever. No matter how hot they get.

Second, all my testing so far has shown that (with normal wooden pipes), redstone engines, when firing at the same time, pull out the same number of items. Maybe its something with the extra pipes, but with normal wooden pipes, synched redstone engines are fine. It probably has something to do with the extra pipes' filters.

Allocators can run on a .2 timer, rapid pulsar, whatever.

First, redstone engines never blow up. Ever. No matter how hot they get.

Second, all my testing so far has shown that (with normal wooden pipes), redstone engines, when firing at the same time, pull out the same number of items. Maybe its something with the extra pipes, but with normal wooden pipes, synched redstone engines are fine. It probably has something to do with the extra pipes' filters.

Allocators can run on a .2 timer, rapid pulsar, whatever.

Um, First is wrong. Running on it's own a redstone engine won't blow up (but it also won't stay red) but if you boost it with a stone engine... it will go red (if you turn off the stone engine, the redstone engine will stay red for a while; however, if you leave the stone engine on, the redstone engine will explode). I tested it myself just to see I was like "will this blow up?" ~1 minute later it did. And the stone engine wasn't even yellow yet, so don't try to tell me the stone engine was the one that blew ;)

• Um, First is wrong. Running on it's own a redstone engine won't blow up (but it also won't stay red) but if you boost it with a stone engine... it will go red (if you turn off the stone engine, the redstone engine will stay red for a while; however, if you leave the stone engine on, the redstone engine will explode). I tested it myself just to see I was like "will this blow up?" ~1 minute later it did. And the stone engine wasn't even yellow yet, so don't try to tell me the stone engine was the one that blew ;)

Well kudos to you for testing the theoretical, although I'm not sure how that will ever be useful, as at that point you may as well run the thing off stone engines, which requires that you have a steady stream of charcoal, etc. A steady stream is of course possible with a self-sufficient or 0 coal cost tree farm, but not really in a single chunk, at least not easily for the purposes you're thinking of.

Ya got me though, I suppose you can use other engines to power redstone engines uselessly, eventually causing them to blow up just for kicks.

Anyways... the orange should still be around once per second if I remember my tests correctly, so it shouldn't matter if you can only keep it in the orange/switching between orange and red. However, you said something about them not pulling out multiple when synched with the advanced wooden's, so unless you have a brilliant idea on how to fix that, I'm stumped as to how to keep that working.

Anyone wanna comment on whether or not they've also had the timer issue? Unless its just my computer... because I already know your reactors are susceptible, as I saw them blow up. Also, anyone wanna comment on a detection for if they screw up? If not, I'll do the minecart stuff on my own, but I'd like someone to give their ideas first before i waste my time doing something obsolete.

Anyone wanna comment on whether or not they've also had the timer issue? Unless its just my computer... because I already know your reactors are susceptible, as I saw them blow up. Also, anyone wanna comment on a detection for if they screw up? If not, I'll do the minecart stuff on my own, but I'd like someone to give their ideas first before i waste my time doing something obsolete.

I'm still confused about this "timer issue" as I've never had it happen to me. Unless you mean an ~ 1.8 - 3.6 second delay before the timers start up when a chunk is loaded [Though that may have been from 2 systems being on separate chunks].

Seriously the closest thing to a "timer issue" I've had was in the first schematic you posted (which was more like a v1.1 not the 2.1 it stated.) Upon reloading the chunk the first time, it had accumulated ... iirc ~3-4 empty buckets, and the system was too slow to pull them out, so it'd never "gain" those buckets back. [Though I can't remember if that was a 3 or 4 chamber reactor, I just remember it had a lot of redundant systems... and it was right when pr3b came out]

• the point of the lower powered (and plating) design of my reactor is precisely to give more time in the case of lag/malfunctioning coolant systems
    for the player to switch off the reactor/the server to catch up chunks to load ect. sure it is not much but it is something that could mean the difference between a very large crater and a working reactor

• Mine would simply shutdown if lag would cause it to malfunction. But so far i couldnt even make it shutdown not to mention meltdown. So i think this is a perfectly safe reactor now.

Btw new screenshots in 1th post.

Seems to work. Finally got MCedit to paste it in properly. Tested the shutdown circuit (cos when I looked at it, it didn't seem like it'd work [then I actually followed the wires to figure out what it did]).

So yeah, as long as MCedit works, it works. Also, that's a lot of wires you have there :P and it's really hard to tell what's going on. Also when the shutdown turns off the reactor, the lamps still show that everything's working normally and you have to toggle the reactor lever to get the system to turn back on. [Or I assume those were supposed to be lamps there (I put some there) they were different IDs for me]

• ye but its too full i cant see a way to squeze more in it without making it bigger. I would need a AND gate to turn the green light off but almost every block there is filled. Through i could ad a tower with a light to show whether the reactor is on or off. Btw the very reason it looks so complex is because i try to fit it in the building so i had to use the walls and the roof for wires too else i wouldnt had enough space. Too bad redpower 2 doesnt have a memory cell would have made it alot more compact and easier to understand since i got 2 memory cells (vanilla way) in there.

Maybe i find a way to put it in through :)

• I believe I have outdone you by quite a bit :)

http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=2187

I agree with rick entirely, but for slightly different reasons as well. I don't mind that it can't easily be built legit, people have built massive cactus farms legit.

However YOU USED AN EXTRA MOD. We've already discussed how easy teleport pipes would make it. Then the chunk problems melt away (no pun intended).

Lastly, if you are using compressors to make the ice, then the 855EU/t needs to have the power it takes for the cooling system subtracted from it. If you do this, I'm fairly certain you'll have less power than us, in addition to having less space from the giant cooling system, and having used a mod that, in my mind, makes things way too easy in the first place.

• Rick, yours has still blown up because of the timer issue I'm talking about. It is a very rare issue, so that is probably why you two haven't experienced it. I'm not talking about chunk loading or anything (and from my tests it seems to actually be less than the time you said earlier), but something that has happened no more than 5 blocks away while I was on far render, and happened at the edges and in other chunks as well, all at the same time. The amount of nuclear explosions all at the same time crashed minecraft for me actually. It seemed like redpower just stopped working, but I wasn't really watching so I couldn't tell.

Other than this rare issue, my current design has never blown up either I don't think, so we're good there.

Still working on automated breeding cycles, its pretty tough. However the reward should be amazing. For example, a pattern between this: http://test.vendaria.net/index…UXUIUIUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

and this: http://test.vendaria.net/index…UXUUUUUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

should average 440 EU/t per cycle, while only requiring the user to provide 4 uranium every 2 and 1/4 cycles, or 6 hours and 15 minutes. (remember to count the 1/3 chance of uranium turning into near-depleted cells). Granted, I'll have to provide it a full stack of coal dust as well, but with a decent charcoal plant, that shouldn't be a problem at all. This way, I'll pretty much be able to keep the thing running constantly. The only problem will be to use the energy or find enough diamonds to make enough lapotron crystals to store it lol, but I plan on having a storage system that turns off the reactor when it's too full.

It's coming, but this takes time, as it isn't the simplest thing in the world to do. That is my real job, to make it simple enough to be able to repeat it legit.

Lastly... Rick... what on earth are you thinking with RP not having memory cells??? dude... here: http://nemesis.evalq.net/RedPower2/recipes.html

That has all the recipes for all the stuff RP has... why you would think something like that wouldn't have memory cells is beyond me.

• Hooray! In case you haven't seen this yet... From Eloraam's twitter:
    Finally figured out why timers and transposers things keep stopping in SMP. November 1, 2011 - 8:03 PM

Guess I'll put construction on hold for pr4 :)