Could someone help me design a Reactor with the highest effiency and no cooldown that only uses IC2?

• Could someone help me design a Reactor with the highest effiency and no cooldown that only uses IC2?

I seen a few I'm still learning myself and trying understand the best designs. My main problem is not even the placement of cells there looks to be 100's on these forums alone but actually building the chamber and where to place things seems to be the biggest downfall. Any suggestions or visual images would be wonderful :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Could someone help me design a Reactor with the highest effiency and no cooldown that only uses IC2?

I seen a few I'm still learning myself and trying understand the best designs. My main problem is not even the placement of cells there looks to be 100's on these forums alone but actually building the chamber and where to place things seems to be the biggest downfall. Any suggestions or visual images would be wonderful :)

No cooldown = Mark 1
    Highest efficiency Mark 1? 2.33

Design: http://test.vendaria.net/index…CXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There are Mark 1 reactors that produce more EU/t but none (so far) with a higher efficiency (and many believe it isn't possible).

• So could you tell me does that have to be covered in water from the outside? If so would I just dump source blocks from the roof down or does it even matter? I wanted to seal it up a bit but was told if you do that it might also cause issues. I really wanted to make a nice design for the reactors.

• So could you tell me does that have to be covered in water from the outside? If so would I just dump source blocks from the roof down or does it even matter? I wanted to seal it up a bit but was told if you do that it might also cause issues. I really wanted to make a nice design for the reactors.

Yes, it needs to be surrounded by water; most reactors do. [Water only counts in a 3x3 cube around the reactor core itself]
    The water source block 2+ blocks above a reactor is for ones that have too much heating and evaporate water, this reactor is not like that.
    So you could basically make a 3x3 cube of water then place the reactor + chambers in it (I think that works - placing in the water I mean) or just place the reactor then fill the rest of the 3x3x3 cube. Or place the reactor + chambers then place the water source block above so it'll pour over the unit.
    [basically as long as there are water blocks [source/flowing, doesn't matter] in the remaining 24 blocks of the 3x3x3 cube (reactor taking up 3 blocks) you're all safe.]

• Yes, it needs to be surrounded by water; most reactors do. [Water only counts in a 3x3 cube around the reactor core itself]
    The water source block 2+ blocks above a reactor is for ones that have too much heating and evaporate water, this reactor is not like that.
    So you could basically make a 3x3 cube of water then place the reactor + chambers in it (I think that works - placing in the water I mean) or just place the reactor then fill the rest of the 3x3x3 cube. Or place the reactor + chambers then place the water source block above so it'll pour over the unit.
    [basically as long as there are water blocks [source/flowing, doesn't matter] in the remaining 24 blocks of the 3x3x3 cube (reactor taking up 3 blocks) you're all safe.]

haha cool and thanks and should I have the reactor in the dead center so none of it touching the ground (free floating besides a wire to it)?

• I tested with the temp addon and got the following info:

Hull heat: 29 (Water evaporate: 6050 / melting: 10285)

• So if I made more powerful reactor as lone as it really does not go past 6050 it's pretty much safe might require a cooling time?

• with 6 chambers water evaporating starts at 8k but as long as the source block is above the reactor by 2 it will only get the water "flowing" around it and never run out. Granted your mark 1 should never get that high. If you wanted to build a bigger reactor with more chambers and get more out of your Uranium then you are going to have to run cooldowns after or let it melt parts and replace them.

So as far as the construction on your reactor it was fine (minus that you are missing chambers) which you wont need unless you change setup.
    Mark I's are good for getting rid of Uranium and completely safe.I would rather get more out of them then just 2.3 eff. Its really personal preference on how much you want to produce / upkeep.

So i run
    Mark IV EB

Efficiency 3.67

165 Eu/T

1700ticks before critical. (28mins)

Ment to be used in 10mins intervals with other reactors of same type

(9reactors in 7x7x4)

http://test.vendaria.net/index.php?react…HCHCCHCHCCHCHCH

• Oh very neat. Can you use something like redstone to turn on and off the reactors?

• Let me fix that... ok there you go. Modified design
    It's a slightly improved version of what you posted, less components, more cooling and 5 amazing spaces to pour your ice in it (or leave it without, but dont put anything in there). I haven't tested it out with ice, im going to test it right now and post the results in a edit.

EDIT: Meh, not too shabby... this Can run in 20 mins (or more) intervals, but needs refeeding of ice. If you are an EqEx mod user and you don't feel too ashamed of transmuting all the ice, this would be reliable.

• http://test.vendaria.net/index…CCHCCCCCCCHCHHCCCCCCCHCHC

Dezuman's award winning reactor:
    60 eu/tick
    3 eff
    Can easily run 1 cycle without exploding
    Pretty much the highest eff you can get without making it complicated with babysitting/redstone.

Through if you going to use redpower 2 you might wanna check my reactor in my signature.

• Think I copied it right:

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…g3uhm1r6t04z26pa3ief9fy80

I love this one a lot more it tells you cooldown time I had no clue hehe.

• yeah kane in my setup i have nine 6chambered reactors wired to turn on and off at the same time just takes a signal being sent to stop it and keep it that way. can stop it even if its about to go critical.

Urban : your first link fails rather quickly , second link runs to 1200 ticks and then goes critical. I dont use ice so neither are very much of a improvement hehe. :)

Rick : Yeah dezuman's reactor is a real safe bet.

• Ye dezumans reactor is the safest reactor with good eff and output you can get. Mk1 tends to have low output and eff. But if you want high output with a bit more risk then make my reactor. You dont have to run my reactor at full capacity btw. Just 10 uranium or so will give plenty of eu already.