[Documentation] Scaffolding

• Since it doesn't seem to have been documented anywhere else and the electrical engineering forum was the /closest/ thing to an on topic place I could find I'm posting this here (esp since you will likely want to use this while wiring things up)

Using a mod I found the recipe for scaffolding:

Scaffolding behaves similarly to four ladders siding a plank box top; yet only takes up one block (as ladders do) instead of 5 as the ladder on plan equivalent would be; it's extremely cost effective; in the face of jet packs and it's limitations of use this seems like a fair balance to me and lets those planks go to treetaps.

Warning: the grab edge is /razor/ thin; you will want to shift to the limit of the edge, facing the platform, if your boots won't stop your fall.

Scaffolding requires a block beneath it to be placed and appears to break similar to reeds; I have yet to find an upper stack limit.

There appears to be a bug where it's possible to place a scaffold block on top of another as it is being destroyed; subsequent blocks of scaffolding cannot be placed on top.

• The bug you're refering to comes from what appears to be a mechanic of the scaffold - left clicking on existing scaffold with a scaffold in hand adds to the top of the stack. This negates having to place as you climb (which is harder than on ladders as holding shift doesn't work)

So tip: don't try and destroy scaffold with scaffold!
    =]

• Actually the 'bug' I noticed appears to be a /different/ behavior. The scaffolding seems to retain the top most scaffold if it's next to another block (a catwalk?). I have yet to test this with a fully isolated tower though...