Support request: Sudden main menu crash

• So, a few days ago, I was playing Minecraft like normal, everything functioning correctly, then today I went to play it, and now right after the Mojang screen, instead of going to the main menu, Minecraft now crashes, through some experimentation I discovered that Industrialcraft2 (1.15) is the problem, when I remove it, everything works fine, as soon as I put it back, I'm back to crashing, I even tried a fresh minecraft.jar, redownloaded and installed modloader, modloader MP, and MCforge, IC2 1.23 was the only thing in my mods folder, and the crash still happened, so its not caused by a problem with another mod, or from not updating IC2, why would it suddenly start crashing when nothing changed, and more importantly, how can I fix it?

• Official Post

Tried a fresh install again, and it still crashes, but now in addition to the modloader.txt, a crash report seems to of showed up on my desktop, so I've attached both of them. Had to change the extension on the error report from .log because it wouldn't let me attach it.

The Modloader.txt file didn't tell me much this time, and the 2nd error looks like you don't have the correct permissions to use java (Can't really tell)?

Hmm... try booting Minecraft through the cmd prompt and see what kind of error that spits out (if any)...

• I know its probably a stupid question, but how do I start it through the cmd prompt?

edit: wow, thought it was a stupid question, but i didn't realize how stupid, didn't realize you had the link in your post, sorry, its been a tough morning, trying the cmd prompt now

edit 2: here is the log from starting it through the cmd prompt

• I believe that error report is just because you typed in the wrong path to your MC binaries. Try with a backslash before the asterisk.

Yeah.. copy/pasted it in this time instead of typing it all out so I don't miss anything. Got a new error report. Also noticed something, running from either my old .jar, or the new one, when I remove IC2 to get past the crashing, I can play MC, but there is no sound, and if I try to turn up the sound, the game closes, before IC2 started causing the crash the sound was working fine, so I figure this might be related

• Wow... I solved it... For whatever reason, there was a problem with the OpenAL32.dll file in .minecraft/bin/natives

Code
    ## A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:##  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x68cc2d07, pid=240, tid=2488## JRE version: 6.0_29-b11# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (20.4-b02 mixed mode windows-x86 )# Problematic frame:# C  [OpenAL32.dll+0x32d07]

reinstalled OpenAL, copied it from system32 into the natives folder, started MC without IC2 to see if the sound now worked, and it did, put IC2 back in, and it works! now to try and find and reinstall all the stuff I had in my jar!