Suggestion: Electric wrench reduced failure rate, standard increased

• ... and renders regular just a components for EWrench
    no wai! wrenches are fine!

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Not going to happen but since were talking here I like report in SMP I have yet to see anything break with any wrench. I have a feeling this is broken in SMP and must be fixed!

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• no it's not :)
    got machine block and generator instead of machine on my server once each

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• no it's not :)
    got machine block and generator instead of machine on my server once each

You are right after tearing down 1000 solar panels I got about 2 stacks of generators :(

• doubt i will have this kind of problem , i plan massive construction with every possible gowrong thingie in mind(exept new addons coming out, that's why i'll rebuild my whole workshop soon, adv.machines rules :D ) .. and i use wind ^^

• doubt i will have this kind of problem , i plan massive construction with every possible gowrong thingie in mind(exept new addons coming out, that's why i'll rebuild my whole workshop soon, adv.machines rules :D ) .. and i use wind ^^

Now Wind is better but if you are like me if I assume right and build 1000's of machines Solar is better right?

• wind give 2-4 all day, but takes a bit more space , solar is constant 0.5, compact
    figure out yourself what's better for you

• I managed to get an advanced machine from my induction furnace with the electricwrench.. pretty sure that's a bug though.

Truthfully early game movement of machines is very vital to players, it'd be totally painful if the basic wrench sucked anymore than it already did, as it stands you waste a significant portion of resources on failures as is in a vital time of player development.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• All I want is either a config option to disable/easily modify the chances, or have it give back all of the raw materials instead of them disappearing. The argument of "Its fine, because that is how it is intended to work" is not acceptable, at least not to me.

• I'd be fine with it being a config option.

Indeed. As it is, it would merely save some work, as both in single palyer, as well as multiplayer, I have absolutely no issue with TMI-ing up the resources to recreate the broken machine, simply because it is not a good mechanic, and the idea that you will not have to reloacate any of your machines every is silly, as well as that mistakes in placement occur.

• machines are cheap anyway, it's just the way things should be to keep it interesting

• machines are cheap anyway, it's just the way things should be to keep it interesting

????

Do you actually PLAY industrial-craft? I'm not sure where you get the idea that machines are cheap.

But regardless, I would like a way to move a machine with no unavoidable risk. (technically a creeper coming along is avoidable, as is using a drill instead of a wrench, while using a wrench and the RNG giving you a failed dismount is not avoidable)

• from building windfarms, plugging them into MFSU via EV, making autoscrap factory for my massfab and upgrading my workshop to advanced machines only

no challenge, just crafting and crafting
    only things in IC that aren't cheap is nukes and MFSU

• from building windfarms, plugging them into MFSU via EV, making autoscrap factory for my massfab and upgrading my workshop to advanced machines only

no challenge, just crafting and crafting
    only things in IC that aren't cheap is nukes and MFSU

While induvidually things may be (relatively)cheap, when you take into account that you tend to need quite a few (as in a LOT) more of them than of other machines, and hence the chance of failer will result in more machines, meaning more resources lost, meaning it tends to balance it out anyway. Just because you can make, say, solar panels with relatively low cost, does not mean that they do not use a lot of resources to make the number you need to have a practical setup, and hence with larger numbers if ever moved means more average resources lost.

• yup, solars flowers should not be mobile source of power, leave it to low-chamber nuclears/geo/conventional
    looks fine for me

• yup, solars flowers should not be mobile source of power, leave it to low-chamber nuclears/geo/conventional
    looks fine for me

You seem to be missing the point. I could just go out and say that EVERY MACHINE IN THE GAME will generally have to be moved sometimes, with the possibly exception of solar panels aside from the occasional misplacement. Experimentation is clearly not safe to do, both because of the HV explosion issue (which I see no issue with, you can easily avoid it by designing your setup correctly) and the issue with trying out multiple setups to see which one works best (I have an issue there, it tends to delete your resources due to something you have no control over)