[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• @ plutonium bomb: nuclear missiles already works like that, but the standard nuke tnt does not.

@ Heating elements: You can mix and match them. The ohmic heater is the most efficient, but it can only get the reactor up to a certain heat, where you will have to use another heater.

@ Lithium: The thing about lithium exploding in water is awesome. My science teacher made that experiment once... And the lithium batteries are great, too. However, lithium should be made directly into sheets, instead of using lithium ingots. The ingots would just be another item id used, unless the ingots would have a specific usage, apart from making lithium sheets. Also, it should not be Li-6 cells that would be used. rather just lithium cells.

Oops, I figured nuclear missiles were the same as nukes. Nukes drive me nuts on SMP because while the server can handle the load the clients cannot.

That's fine with me, but are the other two heaters the same or is there a distinct advantage of one over the other?

Wouldn't that make lithium batteries super cheap and easy to make? I think Li-6 should be used so it at least requires some effort to make the super-powerful variants of the RE batteries, even if it is not really scientifically accurate.

And, oh man, I bet Alblaka has never heard this one before... but I'm going to say it anyways. (I hope he isn't watching me). How about a railgun/gauss rifle? It isn't capable of breaking blocks like the mining laser is, and it also cannot catch leaves on fire. All it is good for is launching a metal slug at whatever. You could even have a low power/high power mode. Low power would be capable of launching slugs up to 40 blocks away, and the projectile would go at a good clip. But if you are on high power, it would take 10,000 EU a shot but the projectile could travel within render distance and would be the fastest projectile known to mankind. They could even be made with the new Li-Ion batteries so that it has some decent internal storage, but can be charged via either batpack or lappack.

• Heh Heh... This mod + the ForceFields addon - specifically the camouflage block- plus ComputerCraft and Wireless Redstone= Epic Self Hiding, Self Firing Bunker!

Might I make a suggestion?

Since the missiles already can use the Laser RangeFinder to lock in coordinates to hit, why not some sort of " Beacon" you can place and have a nuke home in on? Or, if you're fond of taking your opponent with you, trigger it by hand and have it home in on you, consuming both you and him in a glorious cloud of radioactive fire?

• And, oh man, I bet Alblaka has never heard this one before... but I'm going to say it anyways. (I hope he isn't watching me). How about a railgun/gauss rifle? It isn't capable of breaking blocks like the mining laser is, and it also cannot catch leaves on fire. All it is good for is launching a metal slug at whatever. You could even have a low power/high power mode. Low power would be capable of launching slugs up to 40 blocks away, and the projectile would go at a good clip. But if you are on high power, it would take 10,000 EU a shot but the projectile could travel within render distance and would be the fastest projectile known to mankind. They could even be made with the new Li-Ion batteries so that it has some decent internal storage, but can be charged via either batpack or lappack.

You could use depleted uranium for ammunition, crafted from near-depleted cells maybe.

• Official Post

Thanks for your patience, everyone. Qualifying exams are over and I'm just starting to catch up with life - so it's possible that I'll have the update ready by next weekend, but don't hold your breath. Some replies:

(Many of you seem to have problems with the configuration file; I'll make it compatible with ID Resolver in the next release)

Misticblade: The thermonuclear missile recipe will be added along with the other features. (To be honest, I just forgot to uncomment a line of code - it should have been in the current version)

Jivix: That's odd, the fusion reactor shouldn't be accepting lithium as a fuel... and dropping out of the EnergyNet is just bizarre. Thanks for the bug report, I'll see what I can do.

Jokerlope: I love the idea of a weaponized autominer, but if you want to kill people, just use missiles. No, the offensive autominer should target their buildings and reclaim resources for your use. I'm picturing a much faster and more energy-intensive device that targets chests and other valuable manmade structures. Should such a machine land on your roof, your only chance to escape with your chest of diamonds intact is to quickly climb up and wrench it...

Jivix again: I might consider increasing the autominer's storage space (I thought the recycler would help alleviate storage problems, but what with the proliferation of ores these days...). Lithium batteries seem kind of redundant, but it would be a simple change (for another mod to implement) to allow energy crystals to charge items from the hotbar. (Drat, when did cells gain the ability to be filled like buckets? I guess the vacuum is only useful for picking up sand now - I used it to suck up an entire desert for a dome construction project)

Jivix yet again: Gauss rifles might make an appearance in a future update.

• lol, you stole the idea i had(coil/rail gun idea)....... i had the recipe and everything ready.... and i have a better teslacoil block idea.(the current one is too boring) MinecraftCreeper

but the eu stuff and prjectile speed and the other stuff is something i havent seen before.

• If you updated forge to 1.3.1, or updated IC2 to 1.64, then that is the problem. RocketScience is not updated for minecraft 1.1 yet. It will be updated in early february, along with SMP support.

No I have forge 1.25 and IC 1.43

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• soo i kinda started useing this mod about a month ago and i just now started using missles ... namely the thermonuclear missles... and well i blew a hole through the bedrock..

is this normal?( i launched about 80 missles at one position at once..)

• Did you mess with the explosive resistance of bedrock? Bedrock has something like 2000000000000000 or something resistance, so not even a million thermonuclear weapons can destroy it.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• soo i kinda started useing this mod about a month ago and i just now started using missles ... namely the thermonuclear missles... and well i blew a hole through the bedrock..

is this normal?( i launched about 80 missles at one position at once..)

Well, the explosin code SHOULD ignore bedrock, sooo... But well, that's what you get when you use a missile that's so powerful, you have to cheat.

• Boy, I sure do like the sound of depleted uranium. It would give me something to do with the stack of uranium ore I have sitting around, because my reactor uses much less fuel than two miners can pick up.

ooh, here's another one. Since this is a Rocket Science mod (naturally) we should have rocket packs! Much less safe than jetpacks, Rocket Packs enable the user to fly forward at very high velocities. The downside to this pack is if you hit something going full speed, you explode in a blaze of glory (unless you are wearing an impact-resistant quantum suit or nano suit). Another downside is while it holds as much fuel as a standard jetpack, it gives you significantly less flight time (although overall you can cover much more distance).

Any chance of having personnel transport rockets having real trajectories? Then if you miscalculate your trajectory you will crash into the side of something and explode in a blaze of glory.

If not that, then could you change the spawning of fire next to the rockets so that it only spawns after you are in the rocket? If I stand within 1 block from the rocket I always take some damage from the fire.

• Will the mod be released only with bukkit or will it also have normal smp support?

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Will the mod be released only with bukkit or will it also have normal smp support?

A few pages ago Kentington said that it would be Bukkit compatible. Read up.

• After installing RS 0.8 i got this:

What is wrong?

• </init>

I guess, you have 1.1.0
    I've got the same problem.
    Mod is not updated yet!
    Kentington said: "it's possible that I'll have the update ready by next weekend"
    So, wait a few days!

• Is this mod also going to be for multiplayer? My friends and I want to make a modern server but for that we need some nukes :pinch: . Seriously... we really are looking forward for this mod to be multiplayer

• Another stupid question: Why i cant craft anything? I have MC 1.8.1 now, installed some mods ( including IC^2 1.337b), installed RS 0.7 as was in OP (.jar file in /mods folder) and... nothing. What is wrong?