Creeper Cooker / Spider Griller / Zombie Zapper -- Front door protection!

• I had recently made a post on the suggestion forum that was to suggest a way to "zap" players/mobs with a floor tile. I wanted the tile to be energized so that if you walk on it you get zapped! I mostly wanted it for cooking some creepers who liked to loiter around my front door. Through trial and error I've found some interesting stuff:

To make such a contraption with the current items and blocks you need something like this:

:Wrench:
    Power In -->:Cable: :Batbox: :LV-Transformer: :Cable: :Refined Iron: :Cable: :LV-Transformer: :Batbox: :Cable: where :Wrench: = RS switch :Refined Iron: = exposed wire
    :Cable: :Cable:
    :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable:

sort of a feedback loop that sends MV current in the middle. The exposed wire will energize all adjacent blocks like this:

MinecraftNotch.png" wcf_src=http://forum.industrial-craft.net/wcf/images/smilies/MinecraftNotch.png alt="MinecraftNotch"> <-- not zapped.
    :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine:
    :Advanced Machine: :Refined Iron: :Advanced Machine:
    :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: where :Advanced Machine: is an energized block.

The only problem is that it will not zap players/mobs standing on top of a :Advanced Machine:. Therefore, it is necessary to make those top blocks half-blocks of some kind. Then if the RS switch is off, current will flow and anything standing on one of the half-blocks will get zapped!

• A simple and easy way to hide this setup and protect your front door at the same time is to build your door one block above the surrounding ground level, and put halfsteps leading up to the door, with the uninsulated wires underneath. Your innocent looking porch will become an instant death trap for unwanted solicitors and creepers!

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'