Suggestion: Reinforced Stone Hatches

• Official Post

I would like to propose, the addition of Reinforced stone hatches to the Industrial Craft Mod.

With the addition of Hatches to Vanilla Minecraft, I've realized how useful they are and would like to see an "Explosion Proof" alternative.

For the recipe, it would take 6 Reinforced stone blocks, arranged exactly like the crafting pattern in Vanilla Minecraft (3 horizontal blocks directly on top of 3 more horizontal blocks, or a door pattern on it's side), and would yield two (2) Reinforced Hatches. These new hatches would follow the same rules as Vanilla hatches, and have the feature/drawback of only being able to be opened by a redstone current, like that of the reinforced stone door.

Possible uses could be:

An opening on top of your Nuclear reactor cooling room, for easy feeding without leaving any gaps.
    A vertical way out of your Reinforced bunker
    Reinforced Openable windows (As suggested by Hellfia in the IRC channel)
    Explosion proof "Drawbridge"

The above list is just a few of the many possible uses for these new hatches.

Hope to see them in game,

-Adien

• Official Post

Guess i could spent some time working on this idea. It would re-use the reinforced texture and thus solely consume a single block ID...

Not sure whether i can easyly merge redstone-input with the hatches, though... Btw, can you open wood hatches with redstone? (because in that case i would only have to disable manual opening, easy)

• Official Post

Guess i could spent some time working on this idea. It would re-use the reinforced texture and thus solely consume a single block ID...

Not sure whether i can easyly merge redstone-input with the hatches, though... Btw, can you open wood hatches with redstone? (because in that case i would only have to disable manual opening, easy)

You can. ^^

• I agree we definetly need some redstone only hatch like the iron hatches in djoslins mod perhaps reinforced stone stairs and halfblocks also and on the line of sprites minecraft extended will probobly be implimented into minecraft with full mod support in 1.7 which will eliminate the too manny sprites error and give us a load of more block and item ids