[Addon 1.42] Iron Chests V0.9.5

• Uhh.....

No problem at all for me.

hmm.... that's really annoying. Unless it's how I have things configured? I moved the block ID to 205 (default location conflicts with something, probably redpower2) and turned animation off.

• hmm.... that's really annoying. Unless it's how I have things configured? I moved the block ID to 205 (default location conflicts with something, probably redpower2) and turned animation off.

Hmmm I have not tested with Redpower... but I really don't think that is the problem.

Can you get a crashlog?

• ]

hmm.... that's really annoying. Unless it's how I have things configured? I moved the block ID to 205 (default location conflicts with something, probably redpower2) and turned animation off.[/quote]

Hmmm I have not tested with Redpower... but I really don't think that is the problem.

Can you get a crashlog?[/quote]

Hmm... I've been trying according to this but it hasn't worked so far

I did see this in a file called tmi.20111106.204408.txt

lemme go beat on minecraft a bit.

edit: turn animation on and it no longer crashes
    edit2: run the command that's supposed to give a crash log and I get a message saying Minecraft Forge too old... this is the *exact same install* i'm running fine yet won't run seperately.
    Edit3: ok, finally got a crash log, it's identical to the one above.

• lemme go beat on minecraft a bit.

edit: turn animation on and it no longer crashes
    edit2: run the command that's supposed to give a crash log and I get a message saying Minecraft Forge too old... this is the *exact same install* i'm running fine yet won't run seperately.
    Edit3: ok, finally got a crash log, it's identical to the one above.

I think it's because TMI is trying to render the item while my mod has a special rendering engine...
    I don't think it could be fixed by myself unless i remove the whole chest animation and make it into a solid block.
    It has to do with the coding of TMI...

Sorry, let's hope the dev of TMI could do something in the future to prevent this.

• I think it's because TMI is trying to render the item while my mod has a special rendering engine...
    I don't think it could be fixed by myself unless i remove the whole chest animation and make it into a solid block.
    It has to do with the coding of TMI...

Sorry, let's hope the dev of TMI could do something in the future to prevent this.

HA! That won't happen, he has said many times he cares not for compatibility with ANYTHING. I reccomend trying the TMI Patch posted here. It works great for redpower2 items, since they all use such high damage values.

• HA! That won't happen, he has said many times he cares not for compatibility with ANYTHING. I reccomend trying the TMI Patch posted here. It works great for redpower2 items, since they all use such high damage values.

Hmm I'll decompile TMI later to see if there's any hack I can do to prevent crashing...

Also, I plan on making a new chest, Same size as diamond chest but block is transparent/invisible and does not collide (players can go through).
    Is this a viable choice or are there other suggestions?

Basically, I can fit 4 chests into this 1 blockID, so I'd like to add a 4th.

if you got any suggestions, just post them down here.

Also, Personal versions of the chests will be added later on. Depending on the implementation, I estimate a new blockID to add the new personalized chests.

If requested, I will split the add-on into 3, a core part and others each containing a certain blockID block.

• That invisible chest sounds interesting, but like a major headache to code and the inevitable 'why can no find my chest' "bugs".......

And on the TMI side, I am not having a single bit of trouble with TMI and your mod, it is something else wrong with that guys game.

• How about a chest that provides a redstone signal when full? It could be crafted with any of the recipes and a electronic circuit or advanced electronic circuit.

This would allow for ultra efficient factory construction.

• That invisible chest sounds interesting, but like a major headache to code and the inevitable 'why can no find my chest' "bugs".......

And on the TMI side, I am not having a single bit of trouble with TMI and your mod, it is something else wrong with that guys game.

Have you turned the animation off? That's what triggered it for me.
    Although I just installed the fix that Shindou linked to. That fixed the issue with no animation chests.

• How about a chest that provides a redstone signal when full? It could be crafted with any of the recipes and a electronic circuit or advanced electronic circuit.

This would allow for ultra efficient factory construction.

This sounds interesting, I might be able to put that code for all 4 chests...

• Upon closely examining consequences of implementing invisible chests, multiple issues came up

A new blockID need to be used to make a block that does not collide with the player.
    Without a new ID, it will also cause the block to cast a shadow around itself.

To conclude, I'm open to any other suggestions that would work :)

• Upon closely examining consequences of implementing invisible chests, multiple issues came up

A new blockID need to be used to make a block that does not collide with the player.

idk I dislike the idea of a invisible chest to begin with. I enjoy the idea of the upgraded chests you have now.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

apart from the semi-obligatory "moar storage!" comment? (hmm.. 4 iridium plate?) Totally drawing a blank. Seriously though, love the diamond chests. Finally finished moving everything in my world off of Equivalent Exchange chests and into diamond ones so I could rip that mod out.

• apart from the semi-obligatory "moar storage!" comment? (hmm.. 4 iridium plate?) Totally drawing a blank. Seriously though, love the diamond chests. Finally finished moving everything in my world off of Equivalent Exchange chests and into diamond ones so I could rip that mod out.

The gui is at its maximum size though -_- I can put a column or two more but I think we hit the limit (256x256 px)

• The gui is at its maximum size though -_- I can put a column or two more but I think we hit the limit (256x256 px)

hmmm. utterly random idea that may be hideous to code but: linked chests? (one inventory, multiple chests) No idea how well this would work though.

But honestly i'm happy the way things are right now.

• would it be possible to add like say a iridium chest with like 5-6 times the space of a normal chest? and use diamonds, iridium, and i guess obsidian/alloy and glass/iron/refined iron in construction?

• would it be possible to add like say a iridium chest with like 5-6 times the space of a normal chest? and use diamonds, iridium, and i guess obsidian/alloy and glass/iron/refined iron in construction?

did you even read the thread? look up, no more than two posts away...

• This is the max I can do without looking too bad

It's 25 slots more than the diamond chest (1 column = 9 slots, 4 x 4 columns = 16 slots), in contrast, a single chest is 27 slots.

Does anyone has a better idea? (or perhaps a better design of GUI that would offer better storage)