Miner stops at webs?

• I don't know if anyone else has encountered this. I had a miner with two pumps and a regular drill that stopped at an unusually high level, Y32. So I pulled the pipes out went down and moved the whole mining operation down so I could see what was going on. It looked like when ever there was a harvestable block behind a web the miner just stopped. I cleared the webs and restarted the miner and it ran all the way down to the bedrock.

Now I had added a few block IDs to my ICConfig to pick up the other stuff in the new caves. Wood planks, torches, the RedPower ores and even railtracks are picked up by the miner just fine. I don't know if this is a bug and I should report it or what. I assume that the extra IDs wouldn't be supported. Does any one have any suggestions?

The only thing I can think of is that there is a possible meta ID that I am missing. I know that the full format is blockID-metaID:value. The line from my config is below.

valuableOres=14:3, 15:4, 16:1, 21:3, 56:5, 73:3, 247:4, 248:2, 249:2, 120:2, 122:1, 85:1, 5:1, 66:1, 50:1, 30:1

• Official Post

Yeah, webs can't be harvested in 1.23. I put a tweak in to let both the chainsaw and miner pick them up for next version though. Now, you said in this case it was stopped while pathing to a valuable ore with a web in the way, not by a web directly on its path down? I'm pretty sure that being able to harvest webs will fix that too, but I'd better make sure.

• I am certain it was not directly below the miner. It was on the same level. I have an abandoned mine the size of new york under my base. I can try and setup a more controlled test if you would like.