Looking for some wiring advice

• I'm trying to build a number of solar flowers that will all link directly into a Mass Fabricator. I have most of the wiring completed, but I'm having trouble figuring out how I want to wire my four flower batteries to the fabricator in the middle. To make things simpler I'm including a screen shot. Only half of the solar panels have been constructed, as well as only half of the batboxes and MFE's. The dirt column I'm standing on is directly above where the fabricator will be placed. My plan was to direct the output node on the MFE's downwards and wire the energy underground through gold cables to the fabricator, but with the gold cables directly connecting to it, I would get electrocuted removing the UU-Matter. I only have a basic understanding of the energy flow and cables in IC2 so the good people of this forum could probably give me some insight.

My thoughts are all over the place, I've never been really that great at expressing myself, but I have no doubt you all know what I'm trying to say.

• Let me save you a lot of trouble.

You're wiring it like I did at first; the way that makes sense given real-life knowledge.

This is minecraft, industrialcraft similarly ignores physics about /why/ wires are voltage/watt limited and instead only cares about the highest voltage that tries to go across the wire. Resistance is also rounded down to the nearest integer.

Finally, the current behavior of a 32eU/t device behind an LVTF + MVTF -> MFSU is that it operates /as if/ transfering 32eU/t packets, even if it's the MFS Unit link that is 1 wire length longer than the zero-loss length (which was 39 in 1.15 and probably still is).

Solar panels only put out 1eU/t max; unless you're using the industrial efficiency pack (you should, and if you use it, you /should/ spend the game resources on glass fiber cable; gold cable is worthless for lossless link setups).

• If you're saying what I think you're saying, if I were to cut out the MFE's, then the current would be low enough to use copper cables and avoid electrical shock. Ill give that a try.

If the energy loss is significant ill probably upgrade to glass cables when I have the resources. I'm saving my coal dust for more solar panels and I'm low on diamonds.

I took a look around and I can't seem to find the Industrial Efficiency Pack you speak of. If you see this, please enlighten me by linking me to it.

Edit: If I eliminate the MFE's, then the distance based energy loss is just too great. with 20 EU packets I end up with only 12 of the 80 that should be produced by the time I reach my fabricator. This is with just one of the flower batteries.

• MJ forgot to mention that since solar panels only output 1EU packets, you should use tin cables. Tin cables can only handle a max of 3EU "voltage" right now, but can handle tons of 1EU solar panels just fine. Tin can go up to 39 blocks without loss, copper can only go 4. All of the tin cables you can just dump directly into your MFSU.

Once you run the power through any transformer or energy storage block, you will need a minimum of copper cable, though, as they all output 32, 128 or 512 EU packets depending on their voltage rating.

• That would work, although this also means that my 40 BatBoxes will now go to waste. Oh well.

Ill give that a try, thanks.

I'm sure you'll eventually find a use for most of them :)

They're good for buffers in the low-voltage parts of your system (between an LV transformer and machinery). Also useful in remote locations to run solar-powered stuff (miners, etc.) overnight.

Or check out this thread for another project that uses a lot of batboxes. :)