Is HV still broken?

• Hi!

when 1.15 was realesed I red that HV pulses (HV wire and transformers) was broken?
    Does the tranfosmers work like in real life, like if we increase the voltage and lower the ampere we get less energy loss?
    anybody know how is was broken?
    anyway, is it fixed or what?

• The reason for energy loss may stem from the fact that running energy through any amount of HV cable will cause energy loss. HV cable is actually most efficent at transmitting Extreme Voltage (2048), and if you have the resources, you should use glass fibre cables instead, or else use EV.

Transformers, when upconverting, store four packets of the lower voltage before transmitting one packet of the higher voltage. This is why the energy levels are set out as they are (32, 128, 512, 2048)

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• The reason for energy loss may stem from the fact that running energy through any amount of HV cable will cause energy loss. HV cable is actually most efficent at transmitting Extreme Voltage (2048), and if you have the resources, you should use glass fibre cables instead, or else use EV.

Transformers, when upconverting, store four packets of the lower voltage before transmitting one packet of the higher voltage. This is why the energy levels are set out as they are (32, 128, 512, 2048)

thx for the info! :)

I do now run EV on a wire which is 50 blocks, and a another one that is 100 blocks. I can not afford any glass fibre yet...

I am hosting a SMP server for my friends, and I wanted to build a aka real life system. One huge powerplant which transforms the energy to EV. These EV wires goes to small houses (tranformator houses) around the map (max 200 blocks!) which converts it back to 512 and then distrubute them out to my friends houses. When I have nuclear reactors, a few Geothermal Generators I think I can afford those losses I have. But is it really worth using so many diamonds on cables?

EDIT:
    The EV was never broken? huh, I may have red something wrong ... hehe