[Designs] Cadde's Reactor Designs.

• So i recently took on nuclear engineering and decided to share my designs in this post. Intend to update the OP with new designs as i make them.

Before i list them however, i have varying goals as i design my reactors and i will attempt to categorize them based on these goals. So for instance, if i need a very high Effective EU/t then efficiency is not important but rather raw effective output (that is, amount of EU/t over time including cooldown)
    Obviously i am not interested in reactors that can explode, thus i either design Mark-I's or Mark-II's (with a high consecutive cycles number / short cooldown period) or i design an automated system (CASUC or Continuously Added Single Use Coolants) to ensure the reactor stays safe.
    Initially however i will focus my efforts on designs that are NOT classed as SUC or CASUC.

MK I DESIGNS WITH HIGH POWER GENERATION AND LOW EFFICIENCY

Safe designs (Mark-I) that produce as much effective EU/t as they possibly can. Efficiency is non important but I still try to make these designs efficient where there is room for it.
    Obviously being MK-I there is no SUC or CASUC designs here.

MK I-0 ED 6-chamber "FDIM" (FDIM = First Design I Made)

This is the first design i have made (besides some previous learning experiences ofc) that i feel is ready to be used.
    DO NOTE that this being the first design (merely posted it for showing progress) it isn't as well designed as it could be (possibly) and thus could possibly be improved upon.
    This design was made to create as much Effective EU/t to rival my current GeoTherm Generator farm in power output, space and maintenance. (Which currently outputs 120 EU/t taking 24 tiles of space with cabling)
    This being a reactor (even though MK I) i do not intend to let it sit in the open and intends to build a full containment around this (and any reactors i make) with at least 4 block thick (according to wiki specifications) so size is going to be an issue no matter what i do. (11x11x11 = 1,331 vs 24)
    I just wish reactors would output double the energy they do right now under the same circumstances (a max of 2048 though, otherwise not even EV would be capable of handling a pulsed all uranium reactor)
    But enough talking...

Stats

Class: MK I
    Consecutive Cycles: Inf (0)
    Efficiency: 1.50 (ED)
    Active EU/t: 120
    Effective EU/t: 120
    Total EU: 24 mil
    Excess Heat: -1.0
    Highest Heat Level: 32 (0%)

Uranium Cells: 8
    Heat Dispensers: 12
    Cooling Cells: 32

Link

Screenshot (clicky)

MK II-11 EC 6-chamber "SOCLOSE" (So Close!)

So i set out to make a more fuel efficient version of my MK I-0 ED "FDIM". Still wanting > 60 Effective EU/t i tried numerous designs but just couldn't get a reactor with an Active EU/t of > 60 that also held an Effective EU/t over 60.
    Eventually i landed with this design (sticking to pairs of uranium cells) which is SO close but "no cigar".
    This being my second ever design i was quite thrilled when i made it but now i am just sad... I can't improve on it without getting a lower eff EU/t.

Stats

Class: MK II
    Consecutive Cycles: 11.75
    Efficiency: 2 (EC)
    Active EU/t: 120
    Effective EU/t: 113.11
    Total EU: 24 mil
    Excess Heat: 4.0
    Highest Heat Level: 846 (5%)

Uranium Cells: 6
    Heat Dispensers: 13
    Cooling Cells: 35

Link

Screenshot (Clicky)

================================================================================

Changelog

2011-12-02
    - Initial writeup
    - Two designs added (MK I-0 ED "FDIM" and MK II-11 EC "SOCLOSE"

2011-12-05
    - Updated EU/t and total EU to reflect IC² l33t version values.
    - Posted a smaller (4 chamber) design of the MK II-11 EC "SOCLOSE" reactor below. This one not notably better but it has a MK II-E rating rather than a MK II-11 rating. Linky

Notes

2011-12-02
    - Next design i am going to attempt to make will be a efficiency 1.0 > 60 effective EU/t... Wish me luck!
    -- Increased size and added color of design headers.
    ================================================================================

Well, don't just sit there... What do you think?
    I am always looking for inspiration and constructive criticism.
    And more designs will be cropping up here eventually.

• The "so close" reactor is so nearly a Mk.1 that it works exectly like one.
    The only thing you need to do is switch the reactor off while filling it.
    I don't know about other people but even when i'm babysitting my reactors I never rush to a reactor that finished, but I walk to it and when i'm there I switch the reactor off while filling it.
    When I have a powerplant with 10 reactors I'm not in a rush to make sure they have an uptime of exectly 100%.
    That means that it takes about a minute for a finished reactor to run again, which is exactly the cooldown time after one cycle.
    So I will give your disign a try for my next powerplant in my Sever.
    Previous disign was an automated 1200 EU/t geothermal powerplant.
    I couldn't find enough lava to keep it running.
    Nuclear is probably the way to go.

• Its the correct link i can make like 4 of those for the same resources as 1 of yours. That and it has better eff.

I have a 2.0 eff design above... And you can't make 4 of those using the same resources as 1 of mine... Three you can make though.
    But refueling one reactor is faster and more convenient than refueling 3 or more.
    Plus, this is about designing the best single reactor, not the best X number of reactors in an array. If that was the case then i could just as well use 5 billion solar panels and call victory over the universe... Except the universe would LAG.
    And one reactor takes up enough space as it is (i want to reduce the footprint of my power plants, not increase them) so I'd rather not triple the size of the reactors just to save a few extra blocks of iron, copper, tin and what else...

And here, just for the sake of interest I made a small eff 2.0 reactor that has two thirds the output of my 6 chamber design above. And 2 of these are probably cheaper than your 3 reactors and easier to maintain.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1o10101001501521s1r11r10

Thanks for the effort though.

• Your first reactor has:
    3,32 more iron costs
    3,32 more tin costs
    3,52 more copper costs
    3,66 more lapis costs
    3,53 more redstone costs
    3,59 more rubber costs
    Than my budget mk1 reactor. I only need 3 to match the output and i will have resources left for another 0,5 reactor. It also got 2 eff instead of only 1,5 eff. More chambers in reactors are meant to increase eff not increase the eu per cost.

Your second design is slightly more expensive and outputs less eu than the first one. Eff is 2 through. You are still better off making multiple smaller reactors for max eu per cost.

• You clearly don't know how to read... I DONT WANT SEVERAL REACTOR CORES BECAUSE THEY TAKE MORE SPACE AND REQUIRES ME TO FILL SEVERAL REACTORS. I don't mind the few extra blocks of iron, copper, tin etc etc.
    And the purpose of the designs is to make a SINGLE reactor as good as possible (And good isn't just efficiency...)
    But considering the quality of your posts in the past and present all over the forum i will not bother with your "any design that isn't yours is flawed" mentality anymore.

• You clearly don't know how to read... I DONT WANT SEVERAL REACTOR CORES BECAUSE THEY TAKE MORE SPACE AND REQUIRES ME TO FILL SEVERAL REACTORS. I don't mind the few extra blocks of iron, copper, tin etc etc.
    And the purpose of the designs is to make a SINGLE reactor as good as possible (And good isn't just efficiency...)
    But considering the quality of your posts in the past and present all over the forum i will not bother with your "any design that isn't yours is flawed" mentality anymore.

Merely stating facts dont get angry because of that.

Also i included alot of other ppls design in my best of the best reactor topic. They just need to match the quality else i wont ad them.