[1.337B][Possible Bug] Generator recipe

• Previously you could use an Iron Furnace and only 1 refined Iron (with a battery) to make a generator. This used to save 2 Iron. Now it requires 3 Refined Iron.

I remember reading that it used to require 3 refined iron in the past, but was changed. Is this a bug, or intentional to prevent saving iron, and only saving EUs from converting Iron to Refined Iron?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• If I'm understanding you correctly, the answer is pretty apparent actually. Previously, you could make an iron furnace with either 8 iron (in the traditional furnace pattern), or cover a stone furnace with five iron.
    Sounds like now, 8 iron is the standard either way.

• Eh, I thought it was worth bringing up either way. Confirmation is always nice.

No way to save iron now, though. Oh well.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I had this problem in 1337 but upgrading to 1337b fixed it. Are you sure your running 1337b?

edit: it even mentions in the changelog for 1337-1337b

-Fixed Generator recipe

• I had this problem in 1337 but upgrading to 1337b fixed it. Are you sure your running 1337b?

edit: it even mentions in the changelog for 1337-1337b

In 1.337 it was:
    :RE Battery:
    :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron:
    :RE Battery: =RE Battery

Now it's the same as it was in 1.23, but requires 3 refined iron with the iron furnace, instead of 1.

At this point I'm assuming it's intended.

• Using the iron furnace recipe, you get to use straight iron for the furnace, thus saving the energy to refine those 5 iron. That's still a win in my book, albeit a small one. ;)

• That is probably where the cost equalizes itself - sure, that way costs 8 more stone, but you only need to refine 3 iron instead of all 8.

• That is probably where the cost equalizes itself - sure, that way costs 8 more stone, but you only need to refine 3 iron instead of all 8.

Yea, and that's even better, since it equalizes, unlike before, where if you did it one way, You saved two iron (or wasted 2 iron the other way), and I do not think 5 smelts + 2 iron is worth 8 cobblestone.

• I thought other recipe for generator was "Battery -> Machine Block -> Furnace"? Soooo.... either way you're going to be making a furnace. Unless you're talking about making the iron furnace out of 8 iron, in which case I have NO IDEA what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

• Because it was deleted, probably due to my constant whining on the subject, Icant link the post. Basically however, one path used two less iron than the other path. He changed the recipie costs however, so it all balances now, aside from a few bits of stone, and some furnace cycles, which are not major issues.