Suggestion: Few ideas, including robots, and energy storage method.

• Robots - can be used to repeat something over time, for example making deep mines. This can use predefined one, while you "talk" to robot, gui with options should pop out with few things

Designate terrain - This option will designate terrain where you want to build mine enterance, this will include arrow to designate doors. (buildings too?)
    Designate power station - With this option you can assign power station to robot (more later)
    Designate werehouse (chest) - you can tell robot which chest (or werehouse) is designated to store minerals mined or used as building material to build.
    Works :
    Mining - Robot starts mining procedure, he go to chest (werehouse) and he take minig drill, pickaxe etc. Robot go into mine using mine enterance, and mine in predefined pattern.
    Building - Robots can build small predefined buildings ( Factory, house, werehouse, and other importatnt buildings)
    Defend - Robot start by going to werehouse and taking some weapons and armor ( you can tell him what type of ), then he patrol defined area (radius around block)
    Craft - Robot take information from player ( how much, what is needed to craft ) and he go to werehouse and craft items, if there are enough.
    Soldier mode - in this state, robot take weapons and armor from werehouse, and follow player, and defend him
    Chopping - This work will include designating terrain where robot can gather wood, and will plant saplings.

Type of robots:

Redstone robot -
    This type of robot will be the slowest one, he will "eat" redstone to stay powered, also his body is very fragile.

Engine robot - This robot will use oil ( or gasoline if there'll be rafinery ), he'll be mid - tech robot that can make everything at good speed.

Electric robot - this robot'll be runing on energy, finally this one will be self maintaining one, while his energy storage is critical ( enough just to walk toward power station ) he'll go toward one and resuply his storage, then he will continue his work.

Other things:

Generator - In my opinion coal generators should generate smoke, what will deal damage if player is submerged in it, also smoke will fly up all the time. There can be chimney block that can be made using stone or/and iron, this will suck smoke from generator ( if placed above, also will suck in all coliding smoke ) and "pump" it up.

Windmill - While smoke block fly near this, it'll produce more energy.

Solar generator - this can be more or less efective if used in certain biomes, for example - on desert sol gen will produce twice output as normal, in snowy biomes only half of normal output, in others this'll produce normal output.

Power station - This thing will recharge robots, ( need cable connection ) this thing will have 1mil EU storage. Player with batpack on his back will be powered up while he stand in power station, also this thing can power up mining lasers etc.

Nuclear reactor - Reactors should generate nuclear waste over time ( pipe will be used to transport this thing ) every 8 fuel rod used, this will create nuclear waste block, when you are close to it you take dmg, so you need to hide this thing somewhere, or utilize ( consume some energy ), also reactors should generate more energy output, not 20 like in normal IC.

Force field gen - I noticed that shield generated by force field replace just air, there should be config to configure what types of ID'S should replace ( consuming energy for each block)

Better energy storage:

Battery part ( this thing can be upgraded, and will be familiar to MFS) This block will be storage one, low tech will contain only 40,000 EU's.
    While its placed next to other battery part they will "merge" and make 80,000 EU storage.

This will be much more better, that connecting every MFS with cables, and later you think, "why this cable part poped out ?"

Input - this block when placed next to any battery part will transmit incoming energy from cables to batteries.

Output - this block placed next to battery part will send current from batteries, player can set current from 0-64

Ye ye, massive energ'o houzez.

Thats all for now, if something get in into my head, i'll post under.

Digital screen - Will be capable of displaing current in any cable ( required freq trans for linking both, also ammount of EU in batteries ).

Freq trans linking - You can link any device ( switch cable, generators etc. ) with freq trans DIRECTLY to lever nearby, for bigger distances you need transmiter ( extends linking by 64. Basic can be 32 )

Device merging:

You are one of lazy persons out there? You want to make your life easier? If yes, then merging devices is for you!

This will allow player to merge generators, solar panels, and some other things.
    Example

MinecraftChar -Cabble

MinecraftGhast -Generator (coal)

MinecraftPig -Drop box ( you throw coal there, if connected to generators this thing will send coal to them, if needed of course)
    MinecraftSheep -Output

MinecraftNotch (space)

MinecraftZombieman -Input

MinecraftSlime -Battery part

MinecraftNotch MinecraftSheep MinecraftNotch MinecraftSheep MinecraftNotch

MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftSheep MinecraftChar MinecraftChar MinecraftChar MinecraftChar MinecraftChar MinecraftZombieman MinecraftSlime MinecraftSlime

MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch MinecraftSlime MinecraftSlime

MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftPig MinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch MinecraftSlime MinecraftSlime

MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftGhast MinecraftSheep MinecraftChar MinecraftChar MinecraftChar MinecraftChar MinecraftChar MinecraftZombieman MinecraftSlime MinecraftSlime

MinecraftNotch MinecraftSheep MinecraftNotch MinecraftSheep MinecraftNotch

So ghast- Merged generators, they generate (as on img) 4x5 Base energy ( energy of 1 generator ) while you right click on one of them, gui will appear. Gui will include Output per second, coal stored in generators ( each can hold only one, thats for what drop box is ). Simplier version - Generators placed next to each other will merge into big one, this generator will generate energy equal to number of generators connected. What come with this? less energy loss ( by using output device ) and better outputs.

• Official Post

I guess I'll tackle this one, here we go...

Robots...
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=264

Smoke...
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=257

The Solar gen in different biomes is an interesting idea.

Nuke reactor with waste, well I don't think so, but it could happen maybe, but really low priority if it does.

Force Field, whats wrong with it the way it is?

Energy storage, use mfsu, and BuildCraft if you want to have lots of batteries, but why would you want so many batteries, use cables to machines and mfsu plus lapatron, and mfes for output.

Digital Screen...
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=303

http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=295

Freqtrans linking, Explain more what kinds of links it makes, but keep in mind...
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/3287…s-redstone-v14/

And FINNALY, Device merging, no.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• For force fields, i have finite liquid installed, this look great while you look at your underbase shield covered with water. Shield domes, save some time to pump out water, and build glass dome or something, while energy is used, you can get into base. Point of that? You don't need to go over water for air.

Edit, freq trans, could be used to link displays with any cable, devices ( generators storage ) that show ammount of coal, uranium etc. left in it, or current going trough cable, and energy stored in batteries.

What about input, output blocks?

• Official Post

If I remember correctly, force-fields will replace water, correct me if i'm wrong, but that is what I remember, so that should take care of that part.

FreqTrans idea, all I will say is that this is primitive compared to what is to come, that's all I will say. :whistling:

Input/Output block, I don't see the need, why would you want to store so much power into batteries? Why not use mfe/mfsu/crystals? If you really want to, this can be accomplished using BuildCraft.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• This will be just better, you don't need to play with cables. Mfs need to be connected to 2 mfs in 2 ways, A mfs transmit energy to B mfs, and B mfs transmit energy to A mfs, loop, and you get 6mil storage, by using battery parts you just place them on the ground, an you are ready to go. You can shape your batteries etc. By using output blocks you can make more outputs than only 2, top and bottom, that means you don't need 2 mfs to make max shield.
    So there will be less (useless) energy calculations on "battery centers".

Ye, they replace stock water, but if you have finite water mod? Thats why i written my idea about this.