Support Request: SMP logon error

• Okay,
    For some reason whenever my friends try to log on to my minecraft server with industrial craft and buildcraft 2.2.5 installed it gives them this error

Code
    Connection Lost    	{or Internal the word is cut off} External exception: java.io.IOException: String length of 1953068645 {this number tends to change} is higher than the max (6553)

Any help with this particular error would be much appreciated! :D

• Did it work before, is their client using the EXACT same set of mods for you? What errors does the server console see?

• The string is too long. (I don't know which string that is)
    1,953,068,645 is 1.95 BILLION, a string that long would take up nearly 1.8 gigabyte of memory.
    I also believe the max string length is 65535 not 6535 since representing the value 65535 takes two bytes in a computer. (2^16, or 16 bits)

With that error given, it's nearly impossible to trace it to a problem. We need more details!

• I /think/ I've seen this before as a version mismatch/mods wrong... but am not 100% sure; which is why that's among the details I'm asking for.

• okay
    The server console says "end of stream" when it kicks someone. Everyone is using the exact same version as mine (i sent them a RAR with the mods in it).

Code
    Josh joined with mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.5, mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.5, mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.5, mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.5, mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.5, mod_IC2 v1.337b, mod_IC2Thermometer v1.15
    2011-12-16 20:47:24 [INFO] Josh lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream

and the server start up code is as follows

Code
    [INFO] ModLoader Server Beta 1.8.1 Initializing...
    [INFO] ModLoaderMP Beta 1.8.1 Initialized
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_IC2 v1.337b
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_IC2Thermometer v1.15
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.5
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.5
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.5
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.5
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.5
    [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.8.1
  • IC thermometer? Version 1.15 crashes on recharge in 1.337b worlds.

Probably someone tossed a thermometer in to a batbox or something and when it tries to charge it crashes. What happens when everyone removes that or uses the alternate thermometer mod from later in the thread?

• Ill try that
    No body has any thermos in a charger. I have one in my inventory but its working fine for me its my friends who are getting the error.

• Try moving their inventory out of the way...

Also, by chance, is this server running on a /local/ network for you but not them?