Reducing Energy Loss the right way with a timer circuit ?

• I'm playing IC since.. dunno 5 - 6 month and i understand the mechanics of wires i think even with the changes to IC2 but there is something i noticed today.

I have this setup on an outpost of mine:

40 Solar Panels -> various Batboxes -> MFE ---------------longassgoldwire-------------> MFSU

However when i measure the EU on the goldwire i get 32 EU/t meaning i lost 8 EU/t which is 20%, now the maximum output of the MFE is 128EU/t but it sends what it gets i think instead of bigger,better 128ers.

Applying redstone to the MFE doesnt seem to help it just ends up full but still sends these low packages instead of a 128 EU/t burst thus reducing the energy loss in relation.

I thought of a solution for this with a timer circuit (rp) that lets the MFE charge for a short period, unload with 128EU/t then charge again, rinserepeat.

Is there a simpler way of forcing the MFE (or any storage device for that matter) to use their maximum output to minimize the relative EU loss ? Am i missing something ?

• Hooray the idiot discovered that LV Transformers send full packets! I leave this thread here as a testimonial for stupidity to remind me to think first next time hehe

Edit: I get very weird readings from the EU Reader leaving me to think i need an answer from you guys... does an MFE send full packages or not or is my reading wrong ? The wiki says the LV Transformer sends full packages, when measuring the EU i get (on an SMP server) 50 EU/t which is impossible (to much)

• click really fast, keep clicking fast. Eventually you'll notice a string of 0 and 32/128/512/2048 EU packets (or possibly one of the later numbers divided by 2,3,4 etc) When you're clicking fast enough you can capture a small enough number of frames to actually see the size of the packet; otherwise you're seeing an /average/.

• click really fast, keep clicking fast. Eventually you'll notice a string of 0 and 32/128/512/2048 EU packets (or possibly one of the later numbers divided by 2,3,4 etc) When you're clicking fast enough you can capture a small enough number of frames to actually see the size of the packet; otherwise you're seeing an /average/.

This.

I use a macro to right click fast. I can right click so fast that no matter what rate of output i get i see 0 between packets. So if a line is constantly occupied by 32 EU/t packets i manage to see 1 - 2 zero EU readings in between :D