Maybe I'm just being stupid,but...

• I just made a Nether power plant.Basically it's a BC pump sending lava to a tank, a RP2 deployer next to it,filling buckets with lava,a filter throwing the buckets at a vacuum pipe sending them to a geothermal generator.At first I had 2 problems.First,after one bucket gets into the geo gen,the empty bucket blocks the way for the other buckets that are coming in.
    Also,the buckets that couldn't get in the geo gen dropped under the platform on which I built my power plant on.

I made a platform under my platform(platformception :O),and put a vaccum pipe loop there,so I solved the problem with buckets falling in the lava.
    But I still haven't figured out how to remove the empty bucket from the generator.

I can't make the empty bucket get out with a pipe under the gen since the pipes leading lava buckets in it are under it because I can't insert it from any other side,as it goes to the upper slot.Even if I block that slot,it refuses to switch to the lower one.
    I've also tried removing the empty bucket from the sides with a pipe leading to the deployer,but that didn't work.

Any ideas?Also,I doubt anyone understood what I meant after the first paragraph,so I'm uploading a pic.

• You have two options. A timed setup using a wooden pipe to withdraw and put in the bucket, or better, a RP retriever set to pull empty buckets and have the filter put the filled ones into the pipe connected to the bottom. The issue with that is it needs power which needs RP solars which don't work in the nether, so a timed setup with a wooden pipe is the only option.

http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=3045
    See this, it tackles the same problem that you have, but in that case it is dealing with lapotrons and MFSU's, which have the same bottom slot problem.

• Just FYI since i don't think you mentioned it. You can fill empty cells using a pump and a miner (only IC2 stuff that is) but it will cost you one tin for 4 empty cells. IMHO it's worth it over making a bucket fed geogen.
    Reason is simple, less lag, less machines to accomplish the task. Cheaper for the initial setup and i don't personally think of geogens as a primary source of power.