CASUC reactor.

• hello guys,

my current project is to create an casuc reactor,

i will be posting quite frequently during the next few days on this topic. so... stay tuned and maybe have an good laugher becouse of massive meltdowns ;)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• hey guys, running into an mayor problem, i cannot get my buckets out of the reactor using an filter. what am i doing wrong? :P

edit, i have fixed the isue.

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• wel, it is time to present my first nooby setup for the reactor. it is not the best one, but it stil produces 600 eu/t,

i wil be upgrading the design and bucket feeding the next comming hours.
    and beter stil, no meltdowns yet haha

edit: the reactor blew up. time to get my design fine tuning. lucky i made an backup be4 every test round.

anybody knows how i can use chests to house an bucket buffer?

• alright, after some fine tuning i managed to get another reactor running, this time i sacrificed one chamber for an additional filter to extract buckets..

works an bit faster then my other reactor, and safer. currently it is running on an safe experimental setting of 800 EU/T and working fine.

Images

• You seem to be using RedPower2; if you use retreiver(s) you can pull empty buckets out of the same tube you send in full buckets with. This has yet to be tested, but the theoretical design would match the BC2 + addons method.

Something similar to this.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1l10101011801521s1r11r16

thx for the feedback,

however.pulling the buckets out with an pipe seems te be bugged atm, cant get it to function. this is the only method i am currently able to use. sacrificed an large amount of EU/T for this. wil be trying it out.

wil post screen of the machine assembled and/or/if it is running is my big question :P

already small edit: is it posible to let the reactor recieve/ditch all buckets through one pipe? i think not.. i need atleast 2 points to use. ur image shows only one. however. i wil try it.

edit: i atempted to use the reactor setup i discribed for you, however. using an 5 chamber reactor to do this is imposible. i can run one at max 4 chambers while sacrificing an whole lot power. becouse one filter cannot retrieve enough empty buckets out of the reactor chamber. it cannot be done currently in this setup.

another edit: pulling empty buckets out using an pneumatic pipe - filter is not working. reactor - filter is the only option currently working.

and yet, another edit: i saw you mentioned retrievers instead of filters. my error of mis reading your post. forgive me;) wil be testing

• You can't use a /filter/ and single pipe. Single pipe //only// works with new PR4 /retriever/. The Retriever that uses the ender perls and a cowskin and sucks items from remote tube-connected storage containers. Any other things in the middle get in it's way.

• tested the system and got one running, requires an small solar plant using bluetric but it is operational. got 4 retrievers running vs 4 deployers filling reactor. this wil take quite some buckets to get it running.

any sugestions about how to automaticly add buckets?

• decided the hard fate of the re atempt on an ice CASUC. however somebody already build it so i should get it right this time

• My experience is you want a safety buffer of RP2 solar panels feeding a few RP2 bat-blocks. 4 RP2 solar panels seemed to be not /quite/ enough for the retriever, so we went overboard on my server and haven't seen an issue since.

• ok ok, i made an 10x10 row of solar pannel with an bat box under them. works fine throu one night.

• So basically,how yo do all that empty bucket extraction/full bucket supply at the same time? and people do reactors like with 6 chambers,HOW?

indeed, stil attempting to figure that out. using an ice CASUC while force feeding ice works WAY better :)