Reactor Designs

• What you guys think about this Reactor design?

Just messing around with the editor, trying to make a design I can leave on (Will be connect to 3-5 MSUs)
    The Ice Eater (Only if you think you got the grapes)

Ice Coolant (Only cause it doesn't eat ice like a flamethrower)

It is my first every reactor design,
    Makes 160EU/t
    Totals 32 Million EU
    4 Minute Cooldown

I think I made a really good Mark-II for it being my first ever Reactor Design

• it is an good design,

however. do you have the tools to make the ice stacks? that wil reduce your effective eu/t etc etc etc... yata yata yata....

just an good design lad, congrats

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• I use EE and RP2
    I'll just use a block breaker to get snow from snow golems
    Than just up the Snow to ice :)
    To make it go better I'll setup a line of snow golems to get alot of snow fast to get a surplus amount of snow.

I need to figure out breeders next to get a good setup
    Any tutorials on breeders?

• I use EE and RP2
    I'll just use a block breaker to get snow from snow golems
    Than just up the Snow to ice :)
    To make it go better I'll setup a line of snow golems to get alot of snow fast to get a surplus amount of snow.

I need to figure out breeders next to get a good setup
    Any tutorials on breeders?

you wil need to ask rick about breeders, i dont know much about them. also you can look at the sticky topic (list of good reactor designs) that should get you going ;)

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Ok so I checked the wiki, seeing how idk if ricky is a username or the person's real name
    Breeders
    Putting depleted Isotope cells beside a uranium cell to change it to a re-enriched uranium cell
    Hotter your reactor the faster the cell charges, so you put Lava around your reactor (Or fire)

Came up with a decent breeder, have to check if i'll explode before I post a link up for it first.

• Nice. Do you prefer high output or rather effectivity ?
    If you want to keep your first "child", I made slightly cheaper version for you here. If you compare it with your design, you will notice some changes to generally improve cooling and reduce cost.
    If cells are not problem for you, i suggest looking for most effective EU/t reactor somwhere around (not that old thread). This is one of reactors there.
    If you want to get most EU from your cells, this one has very good effectivity.
    I did not make the last design myself.

• í suggest you download the thermomiter mod to for the breeders, lets you ceep an eye at your temperature if you use breeders.

• Nice. Do you prefer high output or rather effectivity ?
    If you want to keep your first "child", I made slightly cheaper version for you here. If you compare it with your design, you will notice some changes to generally improve cooling and reduce cost.
    If cells are not problem for you, i suggest looking for most effective EU/t reactor somwhere around (not that old thread). This is one of reactors there.
    If you want to get most EU from your cells, this one has very good effectivity.
    I did not make the last design myself.

Looking to use it on a mass fab, so I want the total energy to be high. On the list of reactors that is Mark-II mine has the highest output so far. (And still looking to tweak it more :P)
    More cycles I can have it do the better,
    How long is 1 cycle anyways?
    So 100,000 ticks per cycle, that is 20 ticks per second
    so 5,000 seconds/60 (mintue) = around 84 minutes so about a hour and a half of power.
    So about 4.5 Minecraft days

That is awesome

Ice Eater (Reactor)
    Keeping it going requires a factory to create ice, eff of 3.33, output of 200EU/t, total output 40 million Mark-II

• On the list of reactors that is Mark-II mine has the highest output so far. (And still looking to tweak it more :P)

Actually, my slight edit of your design performs much better (try to remove that ice cube from your design).

Your design has that high output only if you constantly provide it with ice cubes. If you can do that, you should go straight for some CASUC (1000+EU/t).

• Actually, my slight edit of your design performs much better (try to remove that ice cube from your design).

I use EE and redpower 2 so creating a mass amount of ice is nothing, anyways the ice is to allow me to cool my reactor faster.

Though I may look into making a cross breed of the slight tweak of yours that you made on mine and the orginal to reduce the costs and may produce a higher output :P

• I use EE and redpower 2 so creating a mass amount of ice is nothing, anyways the ice is to allow me to cool my reactor faster.

Though I may look into making a cross breed of the slight tweak of yours that you made on mine and the orginal to reduce the costs and may produce a higher output :P

soooo... Ice is no problem ? Well then http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1l10101001511621s1r11r10.

Edit: fixed link

• soooo... Ice is no problem ? Well then http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1l10101001511621s1r11r10.

Edit: fixed link

........ 400 Ice to keep that going
    But pumps out damn near 400 Million EU
    The question is WHERE WOULD I PUT ALL OF THAT!
    Not to mention the output on that is higher than 512 so no cable can handle it.

Anyways was told UU-Matter can be turn into Uranium (wasnt told the recipe though so I have to try and find it)
    So once I figure out the required EU to create enough UU to keep Uranium cells in my reactors I'm all good :)

• ........ 400 Ice to keep that going
    But pumps out damn near 400 Million EU
    The question is WHERE WOULD I PUT ALL OF THAT!
    Not to mention the output on that is higher than 512 so no cable can handle it.

- You would put all of that into your 40 MFSUs.
    - You probably forgot about HV cable, which can handle up to EV (2048EU/t). That should be enough.
    SO ? Are you goin to try it ?

• - You would put all of that into your 40 MFSUs.
    - You probably forgot about HV cable, which can handle up to EV (2048EU/t). That should be enough.
    SO ? Are you goin to try it ?

Is that 400 Ice per Cycle?

Got less than 1/4 of the uranium in the reactor for that MASSIVE setup and the cable burned up.

• Is that 400 Ice per Cycle?

Got less than 1/4 of the uranium in the reactor for that MASSIVE setup and the cable burned up.

3x Insulated HV cable(made of refined iron) won't burn if there is no more than 2048EU/p. Did you place HV transformer correctly ?(you need HV transformer)

• 3x Insulated HV cable(made of refined iron) won't burn if there is no more than 2048EU/p. Did you place HV transformer correctly ?(you need HV transformer)

I forgot the transformer all together XD
    gonna try a smaller version of it with my ice machine than slowly up, I have to build onto it

Can I get help setting up a off switch with RP2?
    Can't figure out the gates and that, trying to get my nuclear reactor to run for 20 seconds every 5 minutes (To resupply with ice)