Suggestion: redstone cables and failsafe reactors

• Hi folks,

I'd like to suggest a version of the standard power cables that will carry a redstone signal in a similar manner to Eloraam's redstone tubing. It would be very nice (for example) to be able to have a single cable both provide power and activate a tesla coil.

Secondly, I'd like to suggest that, like the tesla coil, all IC2 machines require a redstone signal to operate (rather than to temporarily disable). This would provide a more realistic "fail safe" mode of operation that real industrial gear uses. I'm particularly interested in this for my reactors due to lag in redstone timer operation when playing SMP with a 300ms ping :)

Cheers,
    Xeno

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Official Post

1. Not going to copy Eloraams stuff.
    2. Don't see a point in enforcing redstone for every machine. Whereever it was reasonable, redstone is included. Anywhere else it'S not ned.