Suggestion: Teleport cheaper if connected physically

• If two teleporters are connected to each other by cables, moving between them should be cheaper.

Or maybe this is a terrible idea, I dunno.

• If you can justify the logic behind it, maybe it would be a good idea.

Perhaps it is much easier to move energy through cables that wirelessly. Main portion of energy is actual "data" and not that much energy is wasted on transmission itself. So it would be less affected by distance(smaller distance multiplier), but cost per stack would be the same.

It may be total bullshit, i don't know.

• The cable allows for transmitting the person/mob through it, instead of through the air, thus allowing it to save energy?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I'd say that the log would be something along the lines of:

Disconnected transport modules require to transmit all data regarding reassembly through the ether, wirelessly (hence the frequency transmitters). However, modules connected directly (although, I'd say that there should be a higher "burst" energy transmission) don't need to broadcast the signal, instead sending it directly through the wire.

I'd equate it somewhat to the difference in power consumption between wired and wireless network cards.

There is also the argument that reassembly would be a matter-regeneration operation similar to the one which takes place in the matter fabricator, which explains the large power usage.

I think a good way of adding challenge and use to teleporters would be to have the transmitting pad suddenly have a large excess of energy (as might be generated by the disassembly of a person), perhaps 50% of the receive power, and the relieving pad having a sudden demand of power.

This would give the effect in the original post, to an extent, i.e. rapid travel between two directly connected pads would retain some of the energy within the system,