Weird Reactor behaviour, tips ?

• We have a simple 70 EU / t reactor (Reactor -> 512 Cable -> 512 Cable -> 512 Cable -> 512 Cable -> MFSU) directly under our base generating power on our Server. We have like 3 different reactors but this one gives us occasionally troubles for some reason.

I noticed yesterday that sometimes the reactor stops to output power although:

a) There is room in the attached MFSU
    b) There is NO redstone Signal
    c) There is Uranium Cells in the Reactor still.

I took the EU reader and checked the cable, 0 EU/t going through. When i remove one of the cables and rebuild it immediately the power starts to flow again. I started to replace on of the cables with a detectorcable and attached a Redpower Lamp to it, so i can see wether the bug appears without having to check all the time. Still, everytime the lamp goes out i have to remove one part of the cable, rebuild it and the reactor starts to output properly.

Does anyone have an idea what that is the case ? I suspect its a bug but i might have missed something since i couldnt find any bug in the bug section... Is there a way to eliminate that behaviour ?
    Installed Mods:

[INFO] ModLoader Server 1.0.0 Initializing...
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.8
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.8
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.8
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.8
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.8
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_zAdditionalPipes Rev31.3-A
    [INFO] ModLoaderMP 1.0.0 Initialized
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_IC2 v1.43
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_IC2Thermometer v1.18b
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerArray 2.0pr4
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr4
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr4
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr4
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerMachine 2.0pr4
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr4
    [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerWorld 2.0pr4

• Really strange bug there, sometimes this also happened to me, but usually just once, so I didn't need to constantly replace a cable. I am not sure how it works, but if splitter cables cause an update to the Enet you might be able to do an automatic reset for that power line.

As you have redpower it should work quite well. Basically once the detector cable goes off start a 1s timer that turns the line off, then back on. That might fix your problem.

• Really strange bug there, sometimes this also happened to me, but usually just once, so I didn't need to constantly replace a cable. I am not sure how it works, but if splitter cables cause an update to the Enet you might be able to do an automatic reset for that power line.

As you have redpower it should work quite well. Basically once the detector cable goes off start a 1s timer that turns the line off, then back on. That might fix your problem.

Brilliant idea, thx mate, gonna try that tomorrow!

a NOT gate on the detector cable should work the same and be a bit simpler. You can actually put the NOT gates directly against the cable. (have a couple in my world to shut down a mass fab when a MFSU is charging)

• The problem I see with only using a NOT gate is that you shut down the line and don't unlock it again. If there is no power flowing the detector cable will never change state. Using only a NOT gate works fine if you want to shut off another line, but not the same.

• The problem I see with only using a NOT gate is that you shut down the line and don't unlock it again. If there is no power flowing the detector cable will never change state. Using only a NOT gate works fine if you want to shut off another line, but not the same.

ah, point. I've still only gotten to the basics with RP2 logic gates. Sure i've done stuff like build a BCD decoder but I was just following a logic diagram there.