How RP4B bundle cabels work at distance?

• I am currently building a powerplant. I use bundlecables to transfer signals and for some reason they don't work at long distances. I have checked the whole cable and there no bad connections. I have also added chunk loader block so that every single piece of the cable is always loaded. Have anyone else having this problem?

I have wireless redstone installed, but it would be much cooler to have these cables going everywhere.

• I am currently building a powerplant. I use bundlecables to transfer signals and for some reason they don't work at long distances. I have checked the whole cable and there no bad connections. I have also added chunk loader block so that every single piece of the cable is always loaded. Have anyone else having this problem?

I have wireless redstone installed, but it would be much cooler to have these cables going everywhere.

define "long distances" is this SSP or SMP?
    there's a couple things at play here.
    1: processing distance for SSP, last I knew the game only processes blocks a certian distance away from you. No idea if this has changed or not
    2: chunk unloading in SMP. If you get too far away the server will unload the chunks you were just in.

The solution to both of these if you have Buildcraft installed are the additional pipes, it brings a ChunkLoader block to the party.

• define "long distances" is this SSP or SMP?
    there's a couple things at play here.
    1: processing distance for SSP, last I knew the game only processes blocks a certian distance away from you. No idea if this has changed or not
    2: chunk unloading in SMP. If you get too far away the server will unload the chunks you were just in.

The solution to both of these if you have Buildcraft installed are the additional pipes, it brings a ChunkLoader block to the party.

I wrote in the first post that I have used chunkloading blocks all the way, I did also check with the "F9" button to show which chunks that are loaded.

It is SSP. around 250 blocks away.
    Edit: Fixed!
    This must be a bug for sure..
    The wire has a start and stop button in both end's. And I just moved the RS latch to the midle of the cable, before it was placed in one of the end's.

• I wrote in the first post that I have used chunkloading blocks all the way, I did also check with the "F9" button to show which chunks that are loaded.

It is SSP. around 250 blocks away.
    Edit: Fixed!
    This must be a bug for sure..
    The wire has a start and stop button in both end's. And I just moved the RS latch to the midle of the cable, before it was placed in one of the end's.

Wow.. reading fail there.. It's sorta what I get for making a post at 4am in a bout of insomnia though :)
    Odd.. wonder if the supposed to be infinite length of RP2 wire isn't so infinite then.

• Wow.. reading fail there.. It's sorta what I get for making a post at 4am in a bout of insomnia though :)
    Odd.. wonder if the supposed to be infinite length of RP2 wire isn't so infinite then.

Haha yeah, me too, all the word that comes out of my mouth at that time is just a mess... :)
    I guess the logic gates has to be within a radius, cause I made no difference to the bundlecable, I just moved the RS latch and I did suddenly get response.

• Bundled cable is finite at 255. Someone back in the RP1 days complained about that when building a gigantic city, and Eloraam showed a screenshot of a Bundle Transceiver, which when configured right, could work as a repeater. She never mentioned the transceiver after that though...