Redstone signal and reactor ticks

• It's not clearly understandable how redstone signal affects nuclear reactors, does them completely stop ticks (cooling, etc.), or only uranium cells in?
    Any suggestions/facts?

• Official Post

It's not clearly understandable how redstone signal affects nuclear reactors, does them completely stop ticks (cooling, etc.), or only uranium cells in?
    Any suggestions/facts?

A redstone signal will stop all uranium from pulsing, all cooling will still take place.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• A redstone signal will stop all uranium from pulsing, all cooling will still take place.

so if i trying to heat up my breeder with lava it starts to cooling right away?
    P.S. and how many times reactor ticks during second? link in this case how long it takes to explode, really 877 seconds, or 877 ticks?
    P.P.S. link and this design will have 49.7% of heat, so no water will evaporate, if i'm right.

• Official Post

so if i trying to heat up my breeder with lava it starts to cooling right away?
    P.S. and how many times reactor ticks during second? link in this case how long it takes to explode, really 877 seconds, or 877 ticks?
    P.P.S. link and this design will have 49.7% of heat, so no water will evaporate, if i'm right.

1. Yes it will start to cool immediately.
    2. The reactor pulses once per second I believe, so you don't have to worry about loosing heat too quick. 877 seconds, not ticks.
    3. I don't remember what temperature water evaporates at for exterior cooling, but just your FYI, every lava bucket gives 2k heat directly to the hull.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• At 50% of max hull heat water will start to evaporate. A reactor with no added chambers has 10k max hull heat. Each chamber ads 1k more max heat to it. Up to 16k max hull heat with 6 chambers. Also each reactor plating ads 100 max hull heat.

This has nothing to do with water buckets. Water buckets always evaporate at 4000 heat.